The Student Room Group

How to write a poem for a girl I like?

Hey.
I met this girl online a few months ago (weve been texting for all that time too) and I've started to develop feelings for her.Shes beautiful, intelligent, caring, helpful, kind and generally just an amazing girl!Problem is that she lives on the other side of the country to me so we haven't met. We've spoken on the phone though. I want to write her a poem to tell her how amazing she is (I'd like to hint about my feelings too). She's going through a bad time currently. So I'm hoping this will cheer her up a bit!
Any advice anyone gives me will be greatly appreciated!Also is it possible for anyone who hasn't met to enter a long distance relationship?
Thanks
We do get on really well btw, she initiates most of the convos we have!
Reply 1
Yes my advice is for the love of god don't do it
Reply 2
Original post by Zuki
Yes my advice is for the love of god don't do it

She already knows I'm gonna write her one.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hey.
I met this girl online a few months ago (weve been texting for all that time too) and I've started to develop feelings for her.Shes beautiful, intelligent, caring, helpful, kind and generally just an amazing girl!Problem is that she lives on the other side of the country to me so we haven't met. We've spoken on the phone though. I want to write her a poem to tell her how amazing she is (I'd like to hint about my feelings too). She's going through a bad time currently. So I'm hoping this will cheer her up a bit!
Any advice anyone gives me will be greatly appreciated!Also is it possible for anyone who hasn't met to enter a long distance relationship?
Thanks
You'll get flack on here about this. The poem and thinking about a relationship with someone you've never met in person.

BUT - I'd say the feelings can be there. As for writing a poem... that has to come entirely from inside you.
Reply 4
Original post by Tootles
You'll get flack on here about this. The poem and thinking about a relationship with someone you've never met in person.

BUT - I'd say the feelings can be there. As for writing a poem... that has to come entirely from inside you.

I know. I get flack from everyone. I've had it from you before too.

Well I'm glad. It's highly unlikely I know but I want her to know my feelings.
I'm **** at poetry, but I'll give it my best shot thanks.
Use this as your draft.

I love you (cheesy stuff out the way)
I can't write a poem
Nor can i rap
All i can do is
Fap

I have riddle for you my dear
What's the difference between you and a sunset?
One's beauty lasts a few minutes
whilst the other a lifetime
I beg you
feel happy
as when you're happy the sun smiles 2
i need to poo
______<---- insert name
Your face only blooms
never withers
so keep on smiling
so i can eat your liver.

You're welcome.
Is thou a woman
Of fine complexion
When thou maketh me
Have total erection

- Shakespeare (Hamlet)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
She already knows I'm gonna write her one.

Oh no... well you've really dug yourself a hole here OP. The only way out is to write a poem that is blatantly satirical.

Maybe something along the lines of:

Roses smell good
Violets do too
This poem's pretty bad but...
I kinda wanna f*** you?

But make sure you emphasise that it's meant to be funny
Reply 8
I know. I get flack from everyone. I've had it from you before too.

Well I'm glad. It's highly unlikely I know but I want her to know my feelings.
I'm **** at poetry, but I'll give it my best shot thanks.
Everyone gets flack from me at some point.
Reply 9
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Is thou a woman
Of fine complexion
When thou make me
Have total erection

- Shakespeare - Hamlet

Oooh yours is vulgar with a subtle hint of sophistication. I like it
Original post by markreed
Oh no... well you've really dug yourself a hole here OP. The only way out is to write a poem that is blatantly satirical.

Maybe something along the lines of:

Roses smell good
Violets do too
This poem's pretty bad but...
I kinda wanna f*** you?

But make sure you emphasise that it's meant to be funny

Roses are dull
Violets are too
You're also dull
How about I **** you?
Is it me, or does MarkReed look a female?

He looks so ...
I have nothing against you, but you look like a girl, similar.
My body is reacting in different ways. My males insticts are telling me no, but my mind is confused.
Enlighten me.
Reply 12
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Roses are dull
Violets are too
You're also dull
How about I **** you?

Well mine at least had a bit of charm :colonhash:

Spoiler

Reply 13
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
Is it me, or does MarkReed look a female?

He looks so ...
I have nothing against you, but you look like a girl, similar.
My body is reacting in different ways. My males insticts are telling me no, but my mind is confused.
Enlighten me.

Oh don't worry. I get that a lot. I actually just got told that on this website yesterday.

It's a pain in the arse when I go out drinking with friends because straight guys hit on me and then I open my mouth and they have a mini aneurysm.

But I'll take your body's reaction as a compliment :h:
Hey.
Thanks

If she's really going through a rough time, it's probably a bit selfish to hint about your feelings. Keep it all on her. A poem to cheer up a friend is a nice idea.

I met my wife online from the other side of the planet. It's possible. It's also rough.
Original post by JollyCynic
If she's really going through a rough time, it's probably a bit selfish to hint about your feelings. Keep it all on her. A poem to cheer up a friend is a nice idea.

I met my wife online from the other side of the planet. It's possible. It's also rough.

How's it selfish? I thought it showed i like her no matter what! There's some bullying involved.
I've written it now, it's all about her. I have stated my feelings so I shall see what happens.
Imma take that out actually.
How's it selfish? I thought it showed i like her no matter what!.

It's a tough perspective to believe until you've been through it a couple of times. Telling someone that you like them isn't as simple as a one-sided show of affection and support. It's typically inferred to be an implicit request to be evaluated for a return of similar affection. Even if that's not your intention, it could put added pressure on her when she's going through a rough patch.

But in the long run, it really doesn't matter. If it all goes horribly wrong for you, would you rather it go wrong because you were following your instincts and being yourself, or because you were listening to me and other random strangers on the internet?
Aw this is cute! Do it :h:
Reply 18
I wouldn't let anyone smother
or cover
your mother
or any of your family
except andy
and his panda
and his dandy
lion bracelets
that taste like
I'm wasted

and you know all my flaws now
I have many flaws, but clearly not the flaws you like
you gold digging b$tch!
Just kidding
I love you
I want you to marry me
Too soon?
I'm standing right outside your house...
Love Andy

(Nothing to do with any users with the name Andy)
(edited 7 years ago)
spill all your feelings out. make it beautiful but realistic. it doen't necessary have to rhyme. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending