The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE Biology Paper 2 and 4 Answers and Grade Thresholds

What did you think about the exams? How many points do you think we will need for an A?
I felt that paper 2 was quite good, wasn't too hard but yet wasn't easy. Though it was harder than the multiple choice past papers I'd done. Paper 4 was harder though, I couldn't answer a few of the questions, but I think I did okay. What about you? I think the grade thresholds will be relatively low for paper 4, not sure about paper 2 though.
Reply 2
Original post by wannabeboarder
I felt that paper 2 was quite good, wasn't too hard but yet wasn't easy. Though it was harder than the multiple choice past papers I'd done. Paper 4 was harder though, I couldn't answer a few of the questions, but I think I did okay. What about you? I think the grade thresholds will be relatively low for paper 4, not sure about paper 2 though.

I think I did ok on Paper 2, but I missed question 4 on insulin. Paper 4 came as a bit of a surprise, but I did well on auxins and phototropism. I missed some marks on the fish stocks and the question about the CNS.
Original post by astonky
I think I did ok on Paper 2, but I missed question 4 on insulin. Paper 4 came as a bit of a surprise, but I did well on auxins and phototropism. I missed some marks on the fish stocks and the question about the CNS.

Lol why everyone is saying paper was hard? I did well on both papers and hope to get A* Lets compare our answers here what you wrote in first question part a about heart your answers? My were f k g b/h e d whats yours ?
Reply 4
I found both papers ok, not too hard but I think I think I missed a couple marks on the questions about inheritance.
Reply 5
Original post by Mohammad imtiaz
Lol why everyone is saying paper was hard? I did well on both papers and hope to get A* Lets compare our answers here what you wrote in first question part a about heart your answers? My were f k g b/h e d whats yours ?

Wow, how can you remember the letters?

I know I had a k at second place like you did. The last two I had were left ventricle (deoxygenated blood) and right atrium (oxygenated blood)

What did you put as your answer to the cns questions?
Reply 7
What did you put as your answer to the cns questions?

I put nerves (should have been spinal chord) and peripheral nervous system.

the one in the reflex arc was a sensory neurone.

voluntary actions are conscious and involve the brain. They are slower than involuntary actions.

There was one more question, but i dont remember what it was.
Original post by astonky
I put nerves (should have been spinal chord) and peripheral nervous system.

the one in the reflex arc was a sensory neurone.

voluntary actions are conscious and involve the brain. They are slower than involuntary actions.

There was one more question, but i dont remember what it was.

I got all of the questions on the nervous system except for the one with the peripheral nervous system...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I got all of the questions on the nervous system except for the one with the peripheral nervous system...

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was the one I forgot?
Original post by astonky
Wow, how can you remember the letters?

I know I had a k at second place like you did. The last two I had were left ventricle (deoxygenated blood) and right atrium (oxygenated blood)

Ya these are correct answers I got the same too! ASTONISHING 😳 Lets hope to score full marks in this part
Ya these are correct answers I got the same too! ASTONISHING 😳 Lets hope to score full marks in this part

Left ventricle has oxygenated blood and the right atrium has deoxygenated blood....I think you got them the wrong way round...

I just put left atrium and right atrium because there were label lines to all of the chambers...
You could have said any tho!
Original post by examhater44
Left ventricle has oxygenated blood and the right atrium has deoxygenated blood....I think you got them the wrong way round...

I just put left atrium and right atrium because there were label lines to all of the chambers...
You could have said any tho!

No dude.....both the chambers are same.I asked my tutor and I also have paper so,I solved that and gave it to my tutor to check it and he gave me full marks in that question 😎.I got 69 in paper 4.

https://justpastpapers.com/cie-0610-biology-paper-4-theory-extended-mayjune-2016-question-paper/
Link of paper 4
Listen,

The question says to put a letter of the chamber that contains oxygenated blood.However, there are label lines to the left atrium and left ventricle which both contain oxygenated blood. So you could have written either.

The sames goes for the chambers with deoxygenated blood.

Quick Reply