The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fingers crossed they are lowered, but I'd guess that an A* will be somewhere between 140 and 145. Most people found the exam to be fairly straightforward. Especially as the more difficult questions (sclera vs. conjunctiva, calculating the neurone speed, finding the anomaly, etc) only counted for a mark each (or maybe 2 for the neurone one).
Reply 81
It was an awful paper.
How much do you with we will need out of 180 to get an A?
And an A*?
i need the question paper, how can i find it. please answer?
Original post by Bassant Ghonim
i need the question paper, how can i find it. please answer?

You can't 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
I put vagina wall, do u reckon I would get the mark??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Also for 1b) the first column, I put sense organ instead of receptor??

Posted from TSR Mobile
You missed the one on why carbon dioxide levels have reduced.. I think
Did anybody else get 18.75 for 2)i instead of just 18?
sorry 13.75 instead of 13
Reply 89
Can anyone remember what each of the questions was out of?
The natural selection was 5
CO2 one was 5
Lower heart rate was 4
You forgot the unfertilised egg question!
Original post by pendos
I put vagina wall, do u reckon I would get the mark??

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put the same thing, it was pointing at the wall of it and not the actual inside. very unclear
Original post by johnboyjones
Fingers crossed they are lowered, but I'd guess that an A* will be somewhere between 140 and 145. Most people found the exam to be fairly straightforward. Especially as the more difficult questions (sclera vs. conjunctiva, calculating the neurone speed, finding the anomaly, etc) only counted for a mark each (or maybe 2 for the neurone one).

A* has never been that high before, it is highly unlikely it will reach 140. Averages have shown 133-135, so if you think it was an easier paper than it would more likely be around this kind of area.

But, can't forget paper two. Need to see how people find that one before any kind of boundaries can be predicted to be honest! :smile:
Original post by 69babycakes69
You forgot the unfertilised egg question!

What was that question? :smile:
Original post by pendos
Also for 1b) the first column, I put sense organ instead of receptor??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You may get this mark. but the correct terminology from revision guides produced by edexcel is 'receptor'.
Original post by Mark 88
It was an awful paper.
How much do you with we will need out of 180 to get an A?
And an A*?

Have done a couple of posts here on grade boundaries look back.

Probably looking at 130-135 /180 for A*

And 121+ for A

Also depends on question aper two and how hard people find that!
Original post by conradliebers
12. (Runners and Cyclists lower resting BPM Question) Adapted Red blood Cells Carry More Oxygen in oxyhemoglobin to body cells more efficiently for aerobic respiration. Heart muscles strengthen hence blood can be pumped with greater pressure and be maintained hence less heart beats needed to supply body cells with oxygen to respire = lower heart rate. (4)

Number 12 is wrong. They don't have "adapted red blood cells" because haemoglobin can only bind with 4 oxygen molecules, not more - you can't change that through regular exercise. The answer is that the heart muscle is stronger as it is exerted more often, hence more blood can be pumped in the same number of beats, reducing the need for their heart to pump blood at a high frequency.
Original post by mehulthemonkey
Number 12 is wrong. They don't have "adapted red blood cells" because haemoglobin can only bind with 4 oxygen molecules, not more - you can't change that through regular exercise. The answer is that the heart muscle is stronger as it is exerted more often, hence more blood can be pumped in the same number of beats, reducing the need for their heart to pump blood at a high frequency.

This seems pretty valid, will edit now.

Thank You!
Original post by mehulthemonkey

Yeah thats what I wrote, but the original guy who made the mark scheme wrote that so I just left it in, but yeah I agree.
Reply 99
For question 1: was it not the CNS instead of relay neurone as it showed the spinal cord

Latest

Trending

Trending