The Student Room Group
I'm thinking about it, but I've already got an offer from a pretty good university, so I really don't know...The opportunity to study at Oxford would be awesome though.
Reply 2
Original post by AndroidOS
I'm thinking about it, but I've already got an offer from a pretty good university, so I really don't know...The opportunity to study at Oxford would be awesome though.

yeaaaaah me too! But you don't have to give up your offer at the other uni until you're accepted I suppose? Where are you thinking of going?
I've accepted an offer at Durham to study Computer Science. Only thing is, the Mats and Stats course at Oxford looks awesome...I really don't know what to do, haha. :P

What about you?
I've accepted an offer at Durham to study Computer Science. Only thing is, the Mats and Stats course at Oxford looks awesome...I really don't know what to do, haha. :P

What about you?

I think the LMH foundation program is really brilliant, but if you’ve got a place at Durham is it really worth delaying your graduation for 2 years 1 year just for Oxford? Durham is a fantastic uni too!

Edit: didn’t realise that applications were open for starting in 2016 so that only delays things by 1 year. I’ll reverse course a bit - why not give it a go, but it’s definitely worth weighing up whether the extra year is worth it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KombatWombat
I think the LMH foundation program is really brilliant, but if you’ve got a place at Durham is it really worth delaying your graduation for 2 years 1 year just for Oxford? Durham is a fantastic uni too!

Edit: didn’t realise that applications were open for starting in 2016 so that only delays things by 1 year. I’ll reverse course a bit - why not give it a go, but it’s definitely worth weighing up whether the extra year is worth it.

I know, I really don't know what to do. :P
Reply 6

What about you?

I have a place for English which I'm really happy with but Oxford really intrigues me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by KombatWombat

Are you an undergrad at Oxford already?
Original post by Livetolearn
Are you an undergrad at Oxford already?

Yeah - third year chemist
Has anyone heard anything back yet?
Can mature students apply?
Hi everyone!

I'm on the foundation year now and it has been brilliant so far! I've started a discussion for 2017 applications for anyone to ask questions etc.

Here's the link for the discussion https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4535204#primary_content

Quick Reply

Latest