The Student Room Group

Starting a band

So I want to start an alternative rock/pop punk ??? band. Do I join one at home or at university? Do I look for individual people or join a group? I really want to make this happen so all helpful advice is welcome.
I'm in a band, and start with friends. It's way more fun starting with people you like.
Reply 2
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
I'm in a band, and start with friends. It's way more fun starting with people you like.

I don't have any friends who are into the same music or who are as interested in music in general. I've been trying to make something happen online for 2 years now and it seems to be going nowhere.
Reply 3
Maybe if you study music it will be easier to find people or just go to some music centres
Reply 4
Okay so I maybe have a band in a nearby city, so like, do I go meet them? How does any of this work?
What uni are you studying at??
Damn, I really also want to start an alt rock/pop punk band, but all my friends dont share my music taste, and i dont have anyone else around me who can play instruments and enjoy alt rock :/ my brother plays drums tho, and i have a mini 'band' with him at least

Quick Reply

Latest