The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Hey guys, I'm Bibaa from Kenya. I haven't yet gotten a reject mail from IDS Sussex so I believe I'm a reserve.
@Kaleem is your application still on the EAS portal? If so does it still read "nominating agency 1"?
Bibaa my application is not on csc portal its vanished away but i received the mail for applying for said scholarship
Reply 1122
Original post by Kaleem Muhammad
Bibaa my application is not on csc portal its vanished away but i received the mail for applying for said scholarship

If your application is not on the CSC website, it means it was unsuccessful hence its been deleted. Didn't the university send you regret mail ? You may consider finding out from the university.
Original post by Wanyax
If your application is not on the CSC website, it means it was unsuccessful hence its been deleted. Didn't the university send you regret mail ? You may consider finding out from the university.

you are right university asked me to submit application for IDS Alumni Scholarship to consider for that scholarship
Reply 1124
Original post by Bibaa
Hey guys, I'm Bibaa from Kenya. I haven't yet gotten a reject mail from IDS Sussex so I believe I'm a reserve.
@Kaleem is your application still on the EAS portal? If so does it still read "nominating agency 1"?

Hey Bibaa, from Kenya too. If your application is reading nominating agency 1,then you are a reserve. If you can't log in,then its been deleted because it was unsuccessful. If you haven't received any mail from the university to that effect, you may consider asking them. All the best to all of us.
Reply 1125
Hey again@Kaleem and Wanyax. My application is still on the CSC/EAS portal. But it reads "nominating agency 1" so I figured I should just wait for feedback. A few days ago the head of teaching at IDS Sussex sent me an email with details of other full fee scholarships (NOTE: Not full scholarships that cover everything). So I wrote back and asked her if my CSS scholarship was unsuccessful. I haven't yet received any feedback from her....
Reply 1126
However I can still log on to the portal, all my details have been filled out as "Satisfied" but I haven't yet been moved to the "CSC stage" as other applicants.
Bibaa you are right, please submit the application in case if you failed to get your Commonwealth scholarship you may avail others in case you can bear other expenditures.
Reply 1128
Original post by Bibaa
However I can still log on to the portal, all my details have been filled out as "Satisfied" but I haven't yet been moved to the "CSC stage" as other applicants.

Your application is placed under reserve. You still have a chance incase some(one) of those nominated in your school was to turn down,withdraws or doesn't meet the eligibility criteria. You may also want to consider the other scholarships that have been recommended for u with seriousness. Best wishes.
Reply 1129
Original post by Bibaa

Sussex was only offering one scholarship, I don't want to be pessimistic nor to optimistic, anything could happen. I'm not going to apply to the other Sussex Scholarships because they only cover the tuition fee. Let's see how it goes...:smile:
Reply 1130
Thanks for all your responses though:smile:
It looks like no one seems to know anyone who applied to cranfield for css...:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1132
Original post by Bibaa
Sussex was only offering one scholarship, I don't want to be pessimistic nor to optimistic, anything could happen. I'm not going to apply to the other Sussex Scholarships because they only cover the tuition fee. Let's see how it goes...:smile:

We stay optimistic Bibaa. Everything is possible. It will work out. All the best to all of us.
Are you around Nairobi?
Reply 1133
I stay in msa. Yes let's stay optimistic, it might just be our year! All the best to you too and everyone else!
Reply 1134
@ Makafui: are you a nominee at Cranfield.

@Kaleem, all the best In sha Allah!
Original post by Bibaa
@ Makafui: are you a nominee at Cranfield.

@Kaleem, all the best In sha Allah!

Not actually...m on reserve..MSc Waste and Resource Management
Reply 1136
@ Makafui: all the very best to us all:smile:
Hey guys, I just had the chance to be back on this forum again. Thanks for felicitating with me. Though my status on the Csc portal has not changed, I think I shoukd wait for their system upgrade.
Thanks once again.
Original post by JKAL
I am. You can PM me

Me too
Forums are really quiet, you could hear a needle drop!:colondollar:...no one is giving any updates....is everyone on Sabbaticals??? Anyway, this week medical forms should start coming in. Keep healthy guys!

Quick Reply