The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nellythumper
Did you get the gradient as 4/5?

2 and -1/2 ?
Pretty nice exam this year
Reply 62
Did anyone get 4y=3x-22 or +22 somewhere..forgot which question it was
Original post by Hiba.A
Did anyone get 4y=3x-22 or +22 somewhere..forgot which question it was

Yes that was correct
Yeah pretty average paper, nothing to scream about. I think I messed up the 7 marker on the graph and did anyone get k < 15/2 for the last question? I think I messed that up too. Anyway, focus on S1 now!

Hope everyone else got on ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the last question, did ppl get k < -15/2
Reply 66
Original post by Storm_Spirit
Yes that was correct

Do you know when the unofficial markscheme is gna be published?
Reply 67
Original post by ScarletXxXRose

YESSS
Reply 68
last q , k< -7.5

and the equation for translated graph is x^2 -x -5?

theres one weird answer , 3+/- square root of 21 and then divided by 2

Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
(null) this is the MEI thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xoharrypotter
2 and -1/2 ?

I realised you were talking about a different question, I think you had to use the same method for the tangent to the circle question but I got 2 and -1/2 for that one.
Original post by kennyboy69.5
how many sig figs are you supposed to round to in S1? Mark scheme uses from 2 to 5 it seems random...
also would you get marked down for using too many?

3 is the normal safe bet unless its an approximation with 2 sf throughout the question, 5 is used for probabilities etc...
Reply 73
For the proof question (show that ABC is 90 degrees) what did people do? I calculated the lengths of the lines using the coordinates then did used pythag to find the length, got the same answer and since pythag on works on right angled triangles I said ABC had to be a right angle. Did other people do the same?
Reply 74

Yea, it is correct.

I think I may have gotten 72 marks on this , the only thing I'm worried about is the second to last question.
Original post by Hiba.A
Do you know when the unofficial markscheme is gna be published?

Yessss come on lads!
Reply 76
was quite a good paper. I got the last question wrong for some reason i put k < 3/2 not sure why... Though most of the equations ended up using the formula for finding out x and y which was annoying, but it worked out fine.for section B the radius was 5 right? and the 7 marker on finding the roots did you guys get x = 1 and some weird surd?

For the tangent question all you had to do was find both gradients and when you multiply them it equals -1 which shows they are both perpendicular hence being at a right angle.
Reply 77
Original post by JoshP97
For the proof question (show that ABC is 90 degrees) what did people do? I calculated the lengths of the lines using the coordinates then did used pythag to find the length, got the same answer and since pythag on works on right angled triangles I said ABC had to be a right angle. Did other people do the same?

Nah, just show that the two lines were perpendicular by showing that the gradients multiplied to -1. Also I wrote that they intersected at B to fortify my point.
Reply 78
I didn't get question 5ii, it said leave it in form a +b root 3 where a and a are integers but I couldn't get them to be integers, anyone else find that?
Original post by Chloebreenb
I didn't get question 5ii, it said leave it in form a +b root 3 where a and a are integers but I couldn't get them to be integers, anyone else find that?

I got it to be a number + a single root of something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending