The Student Room Group

Core 1 Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oscarchow
How to square root a huge fraction?????

If you are talking about the area of the quadrilateral question, I got ****ed up the ass on it too
Reply 21
Original post by Namita Gurung
Swear Edexcel had nicer numbers in the past papers.
It's always our year :colonhash:

Yeah I literally did all the maths past papers for edexcel and are whole numbers but that exam omg! It better be the fractions not whole numbers!
I got 17/2 as the gradient and I got k=41/8 and I thought it should have been 5 so I put 5, I am so pissed off cus now I got the wrong tangent and y value. Why do they have to make things so annoying with stupid fractions in a non calculator paper
Reply 23
Original post by SalazarSlytherin
k = 41/8 .... Why not just 5, thanks for being difficult

Is the answer k=41/8?? Because that's what I got!
Reply 24

Yeah I literally did all the maths past papers for edexcel and are whole numbers but that exam omg! It better be the fractions not whole numbers!
Reply 25
Wow, I absolutely screwed up! Cant wait for the marksheme
Reply 26
Original post by kk5
Yep I got 17/2 as gradient too

that makes me happy!
Reply 27
Original post by kk5
so many improper fractions, thought I was going wrong, never have I done a paper with fractions like this.
Reply 28
for the simultaneous equations question, all the x and y values were fractions right?
Reply 29
Easy peasy.
Original post by kk5
Yep I got 17/2 as gradient too

Yeh I got 17/2 somewhere, I got it as a gradient and then got it as another answer in that question :s-smilie:
For the area of the quadrilateral did people get 54 1/3 ???
and also how many marks was the question about john's uncle giving him money?? i got 18 but then forgot to add it to 10 ffs. How many marks do you think I will get??
I THINK I MESSED UP. As far as I remember I got K= 41/6. FFS
That paper was so hard. Some of those questions, i had never seen on any past paper before.

I think i got a U :frown:
Reply 35
That area though
Reply 36

LOL that exam had the worst numbers I've ever seen in my life. Edexcel purposely ****ing with my mind when I'm trying to do Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 41/6 initially then realised I'd multiplied 4×2 wrong...and had written 6 instead of 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
what question was k=17/2, cant remember?

Quick Reply