The Student Room Group

AQA 2016 Biology GCSE exam disappointment

Who did tones of revision for this biology exam?

For the past two years during my GCSE revision I developed my knowledge to understand things such as the vaccines, carbon cycle, menstrual cycle, the nervous system and fighting against infectious diseases. Supposedly the topics that were supposed to be in a biology core exam. However I was disappointed when many of the questions were worded so poorly, this as a matter of fact wasted a lot of time.

Never did I think that in such life changing exams that so many irrelevant questions would come up:
Alcoholic 15 year olds (which is irrelevant for the easy-influenced)
Independent Companies (a topic to do with business studies)
Drunk rats (unrealistic)

Lets hope that AQA doesn't use such poorly worded irrelevant questions for the remainder of the science exams!
Reply 1
Yes! me to! did so much revision for this exam (which is unusual for me!) and I tried so hard to learn everything
and yet nothing came up! it almost catered to people who hadn't revised
Reply 2
Original post by thirrin
Yes! me to! did so much revision for this exam (which is unusual for me!) and I tried so hard to learn everything
and yet nothing came up! it almost catered to people who hadn't revised

It seems like that. At least we're not the only ones that think this.
Reply 3
IM FUMING! that I have spent months revising drug trials and drug testing, the menstrual cycle, adaptations and pages and pages of other revision notes to then receive a paper with questions regarding drunk rats, preferred alcoholic drinks in different genders and to have the 6 mark question on food groups. I know I shouldn't complain because we got an easy 6 mark question but I just feel that all these weeks of revision I have spent which could have been spent on Chemistry and Physics have been absolutely wasted. It wasn't even proper biology. 'What is an independent company?' was a question to do with biology!
Did you guys find it difficult? Man that was sooooooo easy
Reply 5
Original post by chimpz123
IM FUMING! that I have spent months revising drug trials and drug testing, the menstrual cycle, adaptations and pages and pages of other revision notes to then receive a paper with questions regarding drunk rats, preferred alcoholic drinks in different genders and to have the 6 mark question on food groups. I know I shouldn't complain because we got an easy 6 mark question but I just feel that all these weeks of revision I have spent which could have been spent on Chemistry and Physics have been absolutely wasted. It wasn't even proper biology. 'What is an independent company?' was a question to do with biology!

I feel the exact same!!! It's more upsetting as it was one of the first exams, that are really supposed to create the whole mood of the exams. It makes you think really, is the revision for the exams you're doing (or planning to do) even going to be useful. Do you know what I mean?
they asked such silly questions not even relatedto biology
they were related to biology tbh, they were just application questions. Even if you got that 'independent company' question wrong, if all your other questions were right (which they probs were since everyone tells me they spent months revising), you'd get an A*
Reply 8
Original post by rubycrystal
they asked such silly questions not even relatedto biology

Well now according to the emails schools are receiving from AQA state that the questions were based on a surveys result.
They often do ask some strange questions on these tests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending