The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MFP3 Further Pure 3 – 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0balt
How many marks was the limit integral question x^-7lnx thing

Part a 3 marks
Part b 4 marks
The actual questions weren't too difficult but the layout of everything really put me off. The polar to cartesian conversion and the first part of the integral limit thing I couldn't do. i got 1/3ln3 -1/2 for the very last part of the last question. The second part of the integral limit question I got 1/36. I'm not sure how I did overall because it's so easy to make silly mistakes.
Original post by C0balt
Yeah ikr I couldn't check my answers so I made an idiotic mistake lol

I feel like it's gonna be 2015 FP1 all over again in that everyone said it was atrocious and boom 74/75 for 100UMS

lol I had flashbacks to FP1 hyperbolic question last year 😑

Was so hard that no one can even make an unofficial MS for it...
I got 1/36 for the limit as well and as for the numerical methods question 3 final part i first got 2.081 and then in the final part the maclaurin expansion gave 2.078
Reply 344
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
The actual questions weren't too difficult but the layout of everything really put me off. The polar to cartesian conversion and the first part of the integral limit thing I couldn't do. i got 1/3ln3 -1/2 for the very last part of the last question. The second part of the integral limit question I got 1/36. I'm not sure how I did overall because it's so easy to make silly mistakes.

I got 1/2ln2 -0.5
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 345
Original post by TheLifelessRobot

I got 0.5ln3 -0.5
For the u = dydx questions did anyone use algebtaic lonh division at one point? My friend used a substution which could also work i guess.
Well that exam really pushed us to our 'limits'
Original post by Hjyu1
I got 1/2ln2 -0.5

That's what I got I made a typo on my previous post.
Original post by pawan920
I got 1/36 for the limit as well and as for the numerical methods question 3 final part i first got 2.081 and then in the final part the maclaurin expansion gave 2.078

I got 1/36 but my maclaurin was 2.080
It sucks cuz I worked so hard for this, but as far as I remember, this is what I wrote:

1. Ae^5x/2 + 2x + 4/5

2. 5/3, 3/5

3. Approximation: 2.081, 2.080

4. Fk knows

5. (1/3)(2+x)^3(1+x)^-1 + (2+x)^2ln(1+x) - 5/3

6. I lost hope for humanity on this question

7. 2cos2x - 1/2(e^pi)sin2x + 1/2(e^4x) + xSin2x - 2xcos2x

8. (1/2)ln3 - 1/2

Even though for question 8 I wasn't able to prove the second part, and sort of flopped working out the area. But yeah :'(
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Qcomber
For the u = dydx questions did anyone use algebtaic lonh division at one point? My friend used a substution which could also work i guess.

Yeah I used long division for that question.
Original post by Qcomber

Yeah, I don't know if it's called that but I used a bunch of tricks

ie (x+2)/(x+1)=1+1/(x+1) etc, all the way through, tidied up nice-ish.
Original post by Argylesocksrox

Yeah I got the exact same as you
Does anyone know how many marks there were in question 8, the last one?
I'm done with life
Original post by Argylesocksrox

I made a silly mistake on the improper integral but i did get 2.080
Reply 357
My thoughts and prayers go out to all who sat this exam. RIP 1st choice unis.
Reply 358
Original post by Greenwich24
Does anyone know how many marks there were in question 8, the last one?

Original post by AmashQamar97
It sucks cuz I worked so hard for this, but as far as I remember, this is what I wrote:
1. Ae^5x/2 + 2x + 4/5
2. 5/3, 3/5
3. Approximation: 2.081, 2.080
4. Fk knows
5. (1/3)(2+x)^3(1+x)^-1 + (2+x)^2ln(1+x) - 5/3
6. I lost hope for humanity on this question
7. 2cos2x - 1/2(e^pi)sin2x + 1/2(e^4x) + xSin2x - 2xcos2x
8. (1/2)ln3 - 1/2
Even though for question 8 I wasn't able to prove the second part, and sort of flopped working out the area. But yeah :'(

I'm unsure about your values for question 2, forgotten the answers/agree with the rest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending