The Student Room Group

Core 1 Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Michaelj99
Hmm im not sure how I got 17/2 again :s-smilie: i remember putting y=17/2 again but dunno lool I got a lot of fractions too. I found it a bit better than last year since I realised dumb mistakes I was making

Lol yeah, this time I was being really careful... I think... well hopefully 😁 But I dunno I missed out 1 question which only worth 1 mark...
Original post by abbey1
Did anyone else get something like 163/3 for the area of the quadrilateral??

yes thats exactly what i got yay!
Reply 62
Guys RIP me, watch how I'll get a U in my grade
For the last question what did you guys get the y coordinate to be?
Yeah x was -1/3 and -1/7
y was 1/3 and -3/7

Posted from TSR Mobile
unofficial mark scheme please?
Reply 66
Did anyone of you get 17/2 somewhere? I don't remember the question, but I think the gradient was = 17/2 or something.

I got that!!!!
Original post by musictagj
Yeah x was -1/3 and -1/7
y was 1/3 and -3/7

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep
Reply 68
If I hadn't ran out of time I could've easily got full marks. All of the arithmetic in that paper delayed me the chunk of time I needed to wrap up.
It was soo bad man. Most of my answers were ridicolous with stupid ugly fractions. Usually I have at least 30mins left when I do c1 papers but this one I ran out of time 😭😭😩😩😭 but I believe in God and I put my trust with him
Reply 70
Does anyone remember the marks for the last part of the uncle (arithmetic sequence) question? And how many marks for the area question?(not the whole question, just those parts)

That is the ones I did not do.
Original post by Hey111
If I hadn't ran out of time I could've easily got full marks. All of the arithmetic in that paper delayed me the chunk of time I needed to wrap up.

Same, really disappointed if I'm honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do i feel like Edexcel are trying to ruin my life. First Hannah and her sweets in GCSE then that stupid quadrilateral question ... T___T
that was a hard paper. nice to see it was not just our school that found that ridiculously challenging. i mean from the past papers you would normally get whole rounded numbers for most of the questions so for making it so you get fractions answers really made me doubt the majority of my answers. Praying for low grade boundaries
Reply 74
Original post by Princepieman
Same, really disappointed if I'm honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The biggest problem is that most of the answers (as everyone has discovered) came out as really obscure fractions. I mean what mathematical advantage would you have been over someone else if they were NICE NUMBERS?! Absolutely NONE! I mean for ****s sake Edexcel, you're not marking us for adding up whole numbers with huge improper fractions, you're marking us for all the steps and approaches that actually going into the questions that refer to the specification.

It would have been so much EASIER if they had used nice numbers so that I could actually show off my knowledge rather than wasting huge chunks time on stuff I'm not even going to get marked on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SalazarSlytherin
k = 41/8 .... Why not just 5, thanks for being difficult

I felt the same and can confirm 41/8 is what I got kind of got hope when subbing it in have y=1/2 as seemed a sensible number
There seemed to be a lot of fractions though for example I think I got 44/3 for the R coordinate and 163/3 for the area question or similar fractions from what I remember
Original post by Princepieman
yep

Woo 😜
Original post by Hey111
The biggest problem is that most of the answers (as everyone has discovered) came out as really obscure fractions. I mean for goodness sake! It should been NICE NUMBERS! I mean for ****s sake Edexcel, you're not marking us for adding up whole numbers with huge fractions, you're marking us for all the steps and approaches that actually going into the questions that refer to the specification.

It would have been so much EASIER if they had used nice numbers so that I could actually show off my knowledge rather than wasting huge chunks time on stuff I'm not even going to get marked on.

You spoke my mind. Makes me feel like **** tbh, I usually get full ums to low 90s, but I didn't have time to even complete all the questions. So much unnecessary arithmetic that just slowed me down to hault. Like the first few questions I was going at the usual (fast) pace, then BAM fraction town.
Original post by abbey1
Did anyone else get something like 163/3 for the area of the quadrilateral??

I did!!😀
I got 54 for area of quadrilateral :s-smilie:ejgnaelkrjg looks like its 54 and a third

Quick Reply

Latest