The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MFP3 Further Pure 3 – 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

I just realised I messed up the first question fml. Was the equation: 2dy/dx-5y=10x
Urgh that was just miserable. I really needed 2 hours for that.
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
I just realised I messed up the first question fml. Was the equation: 2dy/dx-5y=10x

Yes
Original post by Argylesocksrox
I'm unsure about your values for question 2, forgotten the answers/agree with the rest.

They were values for p and q, I can't remember myself xD
Original post by TheLifelessRobot

yes
Reply 365
Original post by Argylesocksrox
I'm unsure about your values for question 2, forgotten the answers/agree with the rest.

I got different signs for 1
...I aced all the previous past papers and this paper was horrible. I was expecting an easy A* but I'll be lucky if I get a C.
I wish I had my asperger's rediagnosed for extra time, I'd do a deal with the devil for extra time.
Original post by Xzielon
...I aced all the previous past papers and this paper was horrible. I was expecting an easy A* but I'll be lucky if I get a C.

Tell me about it, I did all the past papers I could find, I was getting 95+UMS each time (except June 2012 :P). Then we get this paper.

Relying on low grade boundaries :'(
How did u have to find p and q , binomial?
Can anybody predict the grade boundaries for an A*?
For question 2 I got p=5/3 and q=8/5. It's probably wrong...
Original post by Xzielon

Exactly the same here. Was getting 70+ on all the past papers and felt so confident going in. But this was so awful. I need to ace FP2 and FP4 to even stand a chance of getting an A in FM. It just seems so unfair.
Nothing was straightforward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XxswagmasterxX
How did u have to find p and q , binomial?

I might be wrong, but I did the binomial, expanded it and compared the coefficients.
How many marks did u lose best case scenario?
Original post by Hjyu1
I got different signs for 1

Same... -4/5 I think? Not 100%
Original post by XxswagmasterxX
How many marks did u lose best case scenario?

Best case... I lost 23, worst case... don't even go there
Has someone made a hitler video for this exam? I could do with a nice laugh.
Original post by Greenwich24
For question 2 I got p=5/3 and q=8/5. It's probably wrong...

Got the same, though for some reason q pops in my mind as -8/5 but it could be me not remembering properly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending