The Student Room Group

Predictions C1 Maths AS-Level 18th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah that's what I got and I thought it was completely wrong lol
And the value of x=-1/4. Yeah pretty sure that's right cause the tangent was parallel to the curve so you don't do the perpendicular gradient.
Original post by Jjohnson919
And the value of x=-1/4. Yeah pretty sure that's right cause the tangent was parallel to the curve so you don't do the perpendicular gradient.

Nope, just realised that's wrong. The value isn't -1/4😡
Can anyone do an unofficial mark scheme?
Would appreciate a unofficial mark scheme for the edexcel board☺️
completing the square was y= (x-7/2) -41/4
Reply 26
This thread needs some serious moderation. The exam boards and OFQUAL are monitoring social media and exam websites for inappropriate comments given before the 24 hour embargo.
Original post by Boggyjo
This thread needs some serious moderation. The exam boards and OFQUAL are monitoring social media and exam websites for inappropriate comments given before the 24 hour embargo.

There is no such embargo.
Reply 28
Just realised I messed up 1 a) took it too far and also I think question 6, the answer was 37x = 50 so x = 50/37 and i put 37/50 which I used in another part of the question so the working out was completely correct but the answer will completely be ****ed up cause I made a simple mistake.

Any idea how many marks I will lose, the working out was correct I'm 100% sure and the next part of the question the working out was correct but x was valued at 37/50 instead of 50/37, I think I used it in the next part of the question but I don't have a photographic memory so not 100% sure.

Feel like utter ...., losing marks for such a stupid reason. AQA by the way.

I believe the gradient of the curve originally was -4 so the gradient of the tangent should just be 1/4 not -1/4
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes your just retarded
FML that paper was easy, only lost 0 marks
Original post by rifat12345
Did you get something like 6 < x < -3/2 for last one?

yea but you can't write it like that. you need to do 6<x or x<-3/2

The parallel equation was y=2x+10
Can't rember what the first one was but it was y=2x+something
To work it out you work out the gradient of the radius and then find the normal to it and for the parallel it had the same gradient but goes through the point on the opposite side of the circle
Reply 33
Original post by rifat12345
yes

so hard
Did anyone find that paper hard or was it just me
Original post by Natashab99x
Did anyone find that paper hard or was it just me

OCR was hard but I don't know about others
I'm really upset because I love maths and have been doing very well on all of the past papers up until today, I had a panic attack and had to finish off in the room next door to the exam hall (worst yet I had another exam after). I know I have done badly, I think I've got about 45-52 on it, could anybody predict what that might be. I'm very upset because everyone says it was hard but coming here I realise I didn't get most of these answers because on quite a few of the questions I didn't even get to an answer at all :frown:
Reply 37
possible you can help me with the 2016 core 1 paper. Struggling here!!!!
Original post by LewHam44
possible you can help me with the 2016 core 1 paper. Struggling here!!!!

Which board? I have the Edexcel and OCR papers.
Reply 39
Edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending