The Student Room Group

How did everyone find A level Core 1 (AQA) 2016?

After doing well in the mocks, I have some very mixed emotions about the paper done today, I was very short on time which is a first for C1 and I feel like they were throwing in some difficult nu,bers for a non calculator paper! How did everyone else find it?

Scroll to see replies

I felt exactly the same
Reply 2
I thought it was okay but I agree, the numbers were particularly unpleasant for a C1 paper! Really wasn't a fan of that integration question - fractions are so hard :laugh:
omg im scared :frown: what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?
Reply 4
Fractions were evil, the integration especially. I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year (last year was 100% for 100 UMS).
unofficial MS anyone?
How did everyone find the values for k when k was a tangent to the curve??
i just worked it out as normal because the tangent to the curve has the same gradient didnt see why it would change the answer?
Reply 8
Original post by Danielleegolds
How did everyone find the values for k when k was a tangent to the curve??

For a tangent the discriminant is equal to 0 and you go from there
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
i just worked it out as normal because the tangent to the curve has the same gradient didn't see why it would change the answer?

I just asked as lots of people I know used the discriminant however I used equating coefficients as I panicked (I know I'm probably wrong)
Reply 10
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
omg im scared :frown: what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like?

Either the exam board will be nice and lower them slightly compared to previous years but I doubt it as last year was quite hard I think and the boundary for an A was still like 64!!
Reply 11
I really messed up the circles question and lost like 6 marks there, also I got 309/4 for the first part of the integration question which I'm sure is wrong!
The numbers were mad and definitely lost a few marks on integration :/
How many marks was the whole integration question worth?
I got 20.5 for the integration question but my friend got 20.25, what did everyone else get?
What would everyone expect the UMS range to be?
I got 20.5 for the integration question but my friend got 20.25, what did everyone else get?

it was 20.25 but i got it wrong
Reply 17

I got 45/4 (Same as 11.25).
Just put a gun to my head and end it all please.
That was horrible, I was frantically rushing at the end because I hadn't answered all the questions, which I never do for C1.
Please AQA, low grade boundaries pleeeeasseeee.
Reply 19
I got 41/2 which was 20.5. I'm pretty confident about that question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending