The Student Room Group

Maths Ocr 2016 C1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Bobby21231
Here our my answers for the questions I remember for people to compare to. This was the hardest paper I have ever done.
Surds question -1/4 +3/4root5
Circles tangents first one 2x-20 and second one 2x+10 and radius r<2 (but I'm sure this is wrong)
Substitution quadratic 1/16 and 81
Last question 18root27/12 this is equivalent to 27 hopefully I will still get full marks
Indices 2^-6 and 2^13/3
Discriminant k< something or k>5
Transformation (x-2)^2(3-x) and stretch parallel to the y axis by scale factor 1/2 (don't think these are right)
Coefficient of x^3 is -10
I'll add more when I remmber them

Translation I got x^2(5-x) and I think the r question was 0<r<3√5-5
I really hope so, I completely messed up the last question and think I have lost around 6 marks for the rest of the paper, hoping for a boundary around 56 to be sure of an A
Made such a stupid mistake for got that M1 x M2 = -1, so my equation of the tangent was wrong :frown:
what did everyone get for the Y coordinate of the normal to the curve? maybe question 8 or 9 I can't remember
Original post by AlfieH

Yeah I thought I got both of them wrong how about the others did u get the same
Original post by Liv_hadley99
what did everyone get for the Y coordinate of the normal to the curve? maybe question 8 or 9 I can't remember

I got 50.25 how about you

201/4...
I got root 20 for that question
Does anyone remember the equation they got for the translation ?
Reply 129

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the indices question how did people get Indices 2^-6. Surely 2^5 divided by 2^7 +2^-2 therefore 1/4. I think you are wrong
Reply 131
Original post by AlfieH

I got r < or equal to 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread has given me so much hope :colondollar:
Reply 133
Original post by julesaquilina
I said that at the point (could be B? The one with the h) i said the one with the h would have a steeper gradient than at point A but i wasnt sure

Yeah I just said it was a positive gradient.
Original post by MrCoolVille
For the indices question how did people get Indices 2^-6. Surely 2^5 divided by 2^7 +2^-2 therefore 1/4. I think you are wrong

It was all to the power of 3
Original post by Bobby21231
Yeah I thought I got both of them wrong how about the others did u get the same

no bobby is right, go to https://www.desmos.com/calculator and copy/paste y=x^2\left(3-x\right) and y=\left(x-2\right)^2\left(5-x\right) into the left side.
Original post by AlfieH
Yeah I just said it was a positive gradient.

You had to comment on the fact that at A, h=0, and as the gradient is 20 + 2h, the gradient at A is 20.At least I think so!
Does anyone remember the exact question for second part of indices the one like 5*4^... etc i can't remember it
Original post by AlfieH
Does anybody remember the question to do with points A and B? It was y=2x^2 and A was h and B was h+5... that's all I remember. There was a proof question to prove the gradient was something?

What did you get for the equation of the normal to the tangent at A?
Original post by JackA123
201/4...

I got that too!! Wasnt sure of it though

Quick Reply