The Student Room Group

Did anyone do the Law AQA GCSE Exam?

It's literally impossible to find any one else who's done the law GCSE exam for AQA on 16th of May 2016 and I just wanted to ask about a few questions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by examstress2k16
It's literally impossible to find any one else who's done the law GCSE exam for AQA on 16th of May 2016 and I just wanted to ask about a few questions

I did! Unit 1.
I did it if you wanted to ask any questions about it, I did the question 8 of Section B that began with Legislation not the lay people in the law for Question 9 though.

Just as or post the question if you wnat to know the answer.
how many marks roughly, were there for q8 on legislation? Were the other questions tricky?
Reply 5
It was 45 for question 8. I answered the same question.
I did it too - although I did Question 9, not 8! And yes, both 8 and 9 were worth 45 marks (although you obviously only did one question).

I know I was a bit vague on a couple of the questions in section 1 - i.e civil legal representation - but I managed to answer them all so hopefully it's not too bad.
I did GCSE Law Unit 1 on the 16th - doing Unit 2 tomorrow too. I did Lay People in the Law, and all was ok except from the question on magistrates' appointment. I was confused between selection and appointment.
Original post by TheNovellist
I did GCSE Law Unit 1 on the 16th - doing Unit 2 tomorrow too. I did Lay People in the Law, and all was ok except from the question on magistrates' appointment. I was confused between selection and appointment.

I really struggled on the disadvantages and advantages of the process! Definitely feel that was my worst in the section - although thankfully it was only three marks I think.

Also I didn't know how much to describe re the appointment process. I went right up to them having a mentor/training etc, so hopefully I covered it all? I didn't think it was worded particularly clearly though.

Yeah I did :smile: how'd the paper go?
Reply 10
Original post by popeye123
how many marks roughly, were there for q8 on legislation? Were the other questions tricky?

Section B is worth 45 marks
Original post by SophieJ979
I really struggled on the disadvantages and advantages of the process! Definitely feel that was my worst in the section - although thankfully it was only three marks I think.

Also I didn't know how much to describe re the appointment process. I went right up to them having a mentor/training etc, so hopefully I covered it all? I didn't think it was worded particularly clearly though.

I was going to write that, then I scribbled it out bc I was confused :/ I hope it was ok.
Reply 12
Original post by thenovellist
i did gcse law unit 1 on the 16th - doing unit 2 tomorrow too. I did lay people in the law, and all was ok except from the question on magistrates' appointment. I was confused between selection and appointment.
how did u find the unit 2 exam ! I messed up really badly because i was really angry at my friend for not revising :s:(
I did unit two yesterday, answered question 1 & 2, I was able to answer all the questions and remember plenty of case law and acts to support, something I was a bit worried about recalling, although I was annoyed they put down the OLA 1957, I wanted to show the buggers id learnt it! Still got to use the 1984 act with the two little scallies who broke into the park though! 👍
Original post by _mk
how did u find the unit 2 exam ! I messed up really badly because i was really angry at my friend for not revising :s:(
I totally get what u mean...when they sit at home watching movies + going out with friends when u're stuck at a desk? But it'll all pay off if you revised! I found it hard to screen out the rustling of the other students, but the paper was interesting right? I found it overall good, although looking back, one of the defences I put was mis-applied because of the time pressure. Nvm; did my best and can't do any more!
Original post by Typhoon99
I did unit two yesterday, answered question 1 & 2, I was able to answer all the questions and remember plenty of case law and acts to support, something I was a bit worried about recalling, although I was annoyed they put down the OLA 1957, I wanted to show the buggers id learnt it! Still got to use the 1984 act with the two little scallies who broke into the park though! 👍
I think they were trying to catch us out with the 11-year-old child and 19-year-old adult thing. It didn't work tho ;D And yeah, the stem material is so flippin' annoying! We're trying to show what we know and they just copy the textbook down for us? I'd much prefer to have no stem and have the grade boundaries lowered a tiny bit!
Reply 16
I totally get what u mean...when they sit at home watching movies + going out with friends when u're stuck at a desk? But it'll all pay off if you revised! I found it hard to screen out the rustling of the other students, but the paper was interesting right? I found it overall good, although looking back, one of the defences I put was mis-applied because of the time pressure. Nvm; did my best and can't do any more!
i didnt even finish off half of my sentences and i had to redo one of 4 or 6 markers because i mis read the scenario. i only wrote like 4 points for the 8 markers AND i forgot all the case authorities :/ :mad::mad::mad:
Original post by _mk
i didnt even finish off half of my sentences and i had to redo one of 4 or 6 markers because i mis read the scenario. i only wrote like 4 points for the 8 markers AND i forgot all the case authorities :/ :mad::mad::mad:

Cases are super HARD to remember; and the 8-markers were way too high for the stuff they were asking for, dw. And you know the scenario for Criminal?- Didn't you think it was way fuller in info than the past papers?
Reply 18
Cases are super HARD to remember; and the 8-markers were way too high for the stuff they were asking for, dw. And you know the scenario for Criminal?- Didn't you think it was way fuller in info than the past papers?

yeahh they gave us half of the answers in the scenario... the family one was so easy aswell.. i guess they'll push up the grade boundaries purposely cuz they did that
Original post by _mk
yeahh they gave us half of the answers in the scenario... the family one was so easy aswell.. i guess they'll push up the grade boundaries purposely cuz they did that
They'd better not :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest