The Student Room Group

AQA C1 Unofficial Markscheme

Hello I took the maths c1 paper this afternoon and I remember a few of the questions on the paper and I was thinking that perhaps together we could reconstruct the whole paper that way we could see which questions we got wrong and which questions we got right.
What do you guys think?
Here are the questions I remember:
Question 2.) (3√5)^2+√5
.......................7+3√5.......................
Question 5 or 6 the one where you had to find the distance CT(the distance from the centre of the circle to the point T) and we were told that distance AT was 4.This created a right triangle as the tangent is perpendicular to the radius of the circle.

Question 6 or 7 where you had to sub something like y=x(k+4) and you had to equate it to the equation of the circle which was y=(x-5)^2+(y+3)^2 and you ended up with K^2-24k+80=0 because we were told that the line was a tangent to the curve meaning that they met at a single point.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GoBoolean
Hello I took the maths c1 paper this afternoon and I remember a few of the questions on the paper and I was thinking that perhaps together we could reconstruct the whole paper that way we could see which questions we got wrong and which questions we got right.
What do you guys think?
Question 2.) (3√5)^2+√5
Question 5 or 6 the one where you had to find the distance CT(the distance from the centre of the circle to the point T) and we were told that distance AT was 4.This created a right triangle as the tangent is perpendicular to the radius of the circle.

Question 6 or 7 where you had to sub something like y=x(k+4) and you had to equate it to the equation of the circle which was y=(x-5)^2+(y+3)^2 and you ended up with K^2-24k+80=0 because we were told that the line was a tangent to the curve meaning that they met at a single point.

Hey :h: I'm going to move this to the Maths Exams forum for you, and then the maths community can help build this unofficial markscheme :smile:
Original post by GoBoolean
What do you guys think?

Question 2.) (3√5)^2+√5

Nice idea :dumbells: Hopefully everyone will be able to chip in :woo:
Reply 3
How hard the AQA C1 please?
aqa c1 was harrrd
Original post by TeeEm

You're back! :eek3:
Yeah, not as hard as last year but still hard. There was soooo much mental maths with surprisingly big numbers.
Reply 7
Original post by TeeEm

Personally, found it very hard...not confident in how well I did
Reply 8
I didn't think it was that bad, none of the questions were worded in a confusing way which is what usually gets me. However, as others say, there were some big numbers and unexpected elements. Was the radius of that circle sqrt(65) or sqrt(69) or something like that? I forget the answer I gave, but several times like that I stopped and went back to check my working, which is what ultimately cost me the time I needed to finish. I should probably have just trusted myself, but in practice papers I learnt that if it feels like an unexpected answer, it's probably wrong. I was about a rushed five minutes away from complete - skipped over a 2 mark and a 3 mark sub-question, with a little working on the latter at the end. So at best I've already dropped four marks, because I was too slow. Not happy with myself.
(edited 7 years ago)
I got square root of 34 for the radious of the circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I worked until the last minute too. I thought the numbers used very challenging and a lot of multiplying decimals was annoying.

For the integration question I got something like 70/12 or something over 12? Anyone get the same?
Original post by Cassette
I didn't think it was that bad, none of the questions were worded in a confusing way which is what usually gets me. However, as others say, there were some big numbers and unexpected elements. Was the radius of that circle sqrt(65) or sqrt(69) or something like that? .

I got sqrt(55), but I added up the numbers incorrectly it should have been sqrt(65).
Original post by TeeEm

Nothing appeared which wasn't in previous exam papers, not even an optimisation question, they changed the front cover to a prettier design, that's about it.
The coordinates of the first question was -3,4 or 4,-3 when you had to use simultaneous equations to get the X y values. The equations were something like 5x -2y=-4 and 3x-3y=... or something like that I can't remember tho and did anyone else get k=30 on the first question too..?
And I got root 55 for the circle question?!?
Reply 15
Original post by rndmtngr99
I worked until the last minute too. I thought the numbers used very challenging and a lot of multiplying decimals was annoying.

For the integration question I got something like 70/12 or something over 12? Anyone get the same?

I got something over 12 but I can't remember what it was lol
Original post by rndmtngr99

I got 81/4 for the first part, then 45/4 for the second part, I think, something like that, area of triangle is 9.
Original post by defibrillator
The coordinates of the first question was -3,4 or 4,-3 when you had to use simultaneous equations to get the X y values. The equations were something like 5x -2y=-4 and 3x-3y=... or something like that I can't remember tho and did anyone else get k=30 on the first question too..?

I got k=30:h:
Reply 19
Original post by Modernthinker
I got square root of 34 for the radious of the circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did too but some guy called tajtsracc keeps saying its root 65

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending