The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 1 - 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Hey, I can't remember all the questions but here are some of my answers. Let me know if you disagree with any! :biggrin:
1)m=-5/3 B(-3,4) k=-30
2)(3rt5)^2=45 75-32rt5
Can't remember the rest so here are some of my other answers I remembered in random order:
Area under curve=81/4 Area shaded region=45/4
(x-7/4)-41/4 (asked for rational form so use fractions) minimum point=-41/4 graph translated by vector [1/2, 41/4]
d^2y/dx^2=-2x-9x^2 sub in x-coord of p to get 45, 45>0 therefore minimum
B(12,-7) m=-4/7 m(tangent)=7/4 7x-4y+18=0tangent for k (used b^2-4ac=0) k=20 k=4
(x-5)^2+(y+3)^2=65 length of CT=9
y=-32x-40 x-coord Q=-5/4 for graph i had n-shaped parabola intersect y-axis at 8 and x-axis at -1+-rt5
three linear factors were (x-3)(x-4)^2
for the remainder theorem I think I got 20
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 161
For the circle question I got 8 as the radius by subbing x and y with coordinates of A...im guessing that's wrong?
I think the only integer in that exam was the 1 in Core 1😂😂
For one of the questions I got x = -1 ± √5 but I can't remember which one. Does this look familiar to anyone?
Reply 164
Original post by yasaminO_o
For one of the questions I got x = -1 ± √5 but I can't remember which one. Does this look familiar to anyone?

Yeah everyone saying they got that...I think I may have put +1 instead of -1...I made so many mistakes
Original post by voltz
For the circle question I got 8 as the radius by subbing x and y with coordinates of A...im guessing that's wrong?

Yep, the radius was the square root of 65 - my teacher went through it.
Original post by tajtsracc
Anyone else get

x = -1 plus or minus root 5?

This is what I got too, as it was 4+/-root80 all divided by -4

Which equalled 4+/-4root5 /-4= 1+/- -root5
Really? I was thinking I would have lost about 10!! So I would have got error carried forward marks and method marks?
Reply 168
Original post by Menoetius1

I got 65... so that means i got it wrong
Was the area a triangle - the area under curve or a trapezium - the area under curve?
Original post by voltz
Yeah everyone saying they got that...I think I may have put +1 instead of -1...I made so many mistakes

I'm sure you didn't make as many as you think you did, but even so, the only thing you can do now is do your best for Core 2 and your applied module :smile:
Original post by Thequickspark
I think you're half right. K=70

You forgot the outside parts of the squares. 4+1=5

5+65 (as you rightly said) = 70.

Looks like I didn't get 100 ups :frown:

Hu? I'm not sure where these 1 and 5 come from?

http://imgur.com/ADlTEKF
Am I the only one who did a trapezium for the shaded are question to get a final answer of 63 - 5 = 58?
are you guys getting service unavailable from TSR ?
Original post by voltz

Yeah, the radius should have been √65
Original post by EsmeraldaDowds
My whole class found that paper really hard. We literally spent the rest of the lesson we had left discussing the paper. Feeling alright but I've messed up question 11

This thread is for aqa not ocr
Original post by money-for-all
are you guys getting service unavailable from TSR ?

https://twitter.com/thestudentroom/status/732904385064361984

Yes, it's a common fault. Their servers are overloaded right now with both C1 exams.
Original post by tajtsracc
It should be 0.5 and positive 41/4 for the translation, shouldn't it?

I got that, i used the vertex of both curves and wrote how you get from one to the other
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jennifer238
Was the area a triangle - the area under curve or a trapezium - the area under curve?

I got it is a triangle...( (3/4)× 24)/2 gave 9 to take off
Original post by Menoetius1

surely it would be root 34? since in the form (x-a)^2 + (y-b)^2, k was 34

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending