The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 1 - 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

If that was c1 then i'm ****ed for fp1
what question was this ' k>6 and k<-3/2' on?
How many marks was the whole of question 7
Reply 223
Original post by voltz
I think i put -41/4

y=(x-7/2)-41/4 to y=(x-4)
so to get rid of the -41/4 you need -41/4 on LHS
vector [a,b] for y=x is y-b=x-a so must be positive in vector to be negative on LHS of equation.
Sorry, bit of a confusing explanation; don't know how else to word it.
Original post by timtjtim
CT was 9 not 4 (AT was 4) - see image attached (√65^2 + 4^2 = 81. √81 = 9)

var ctx = document.getElementById("canvas":wink:.getContext("2d":wink:; // #text4142-2-6 ctx.lineJoin = 'miter'; ctx.lineCap = 'butt'; ctx.lineWidth = 1.000000; ctx.fillStyle = 'rgb(0, 0, 0)'; ctx.font = "normal normal 40px sans-serif"; ctx.fillText("9", -2.519531, 29.687500);

Sorry - meant that. Got got C and A mixed up.
No, sorry. It was 81/4 - 9 (triangle) which = 45/4 or 11.25

hey i messed up some how on the last step of finding equation of P ( used the right method) meaning i got point Q wrong and so forth couldnt work out the area! but i got the correct integral and the correct method throughout and so how many marks will i loose for this whole section??
does 2 plus or minus root 10 ring a bell for anyone
Its +41/4 as it was already a negative translation, you had to increase it by 41/4 to get to 0, so its positive in the translation vector even though you write y-41/4 in the sum
Reply 228
Original post by nebbercracker

I got -1 plus or minus root5 if we're talking about the same question
Anyone know when there will be an unofficial mark scheme out?
Original post by nebbercracker

Ooh, I got -1 +- √5 for one... not sure about 2+- √10 tho.
Original post by ZT006409
Anyone know when there will be an unofficial mark scheme out?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4095033&page=4
Ooh, I got -1 +- √5 for one... not sure about 2+- √10 tho.

ye thats the only question i wasn't to sure on
Original post by df97
Think I got k<-3/2 and k>6

I got the same:smile:
Original post by df97
y=(x-7/2)-41/4 to y=(x-4)
so to get rid of the -41/4 you need -41/4 on LHS
vector [a,b] for y=x is y-b=x-a so must be positive in vector to be negative on LHS of equation.
Sorry, bit of a confusing explanation; don't know how else to word it.

AH, I forgot it was FROM (x-7/2)-41/4 to y=(x-4), I did it the other way round. Woops.

What mark do people think is needed for 100UMS?
Original post by tsr1807
I got the same:smile:

which question was this?
Dunno if i am the only one but i didnt find it too bad.
In all fairness though, yesterday i did 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 past papers, And even with harsh marking didnt get less than 59.
The questions on this 2016 paper were exactly the same layout as in the past so it was quite easy to just memorize the method and sub the nembers in for each question. As soon as we were told we could start i looked through the book and was relieved that it was the same layout.

I must admit this year was my retake because last year i did vertually no revision and flopped it horribly.
The only question i stumbled on this year was question 7 as my final answer was 11.5 not 11.25 but otherwise im quite happy with how that went.
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
AH, I forgot it was FROM (x-7/2)-41/4 to y=(x-4), I did it the other way round. Woops.

What mark do people think is needed for 100UMS?

Well like at least 72...
Well like at least 72...

Hope it's 73 (or less). Full marks for 100 would be a bummer.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by olliebednal
Dunno if I am the only one but I didn't find it too bad.
In all fairness, though, yesterday I did 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 past papers, And even with harsh marking didn't get less than 59.
The questions on this 2016 paper were exactly the same layout as in the past so it was quite easy to just memorise the method and sub the numbers in for each question. As soon as we were told we could start I looked through the book and was relieved that it was the same layout.

I must admit this year was my retake because last year I did virtually no revision and flopped it horribly.
The only question I stumbled on this year was question 7 as my final answer was 11.5 not 11.25 but otherwise I'm quite happy with how that went.

Well done! that's a small slip - that's like -1 or 2 marks tbh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending