Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by westie050
what value of theta at b did you get?

Pi/6
Original post by westie050
what value of theta at b did you get?

pi/6

Posted from TSR Mobile
For question 5 I got to y= .5(x^2) - 3ln(x+1) + 2xln(x+1) + c for some point and I don't remember the conditions to solve it. Anyone?
Reply 444
You know for the last question, will the I simplified version give all of the marks? It said the exact value
Original post by Busted838
anyone know the allocation of marks for all parts of the questions if i remember right it was something like
1a. 3
b. 3

2a. 1
b. 4

3a. 6
b. 3
c. 3
ci. 1

4. 5

5a. 1
b. 11

6a. 3
b. 4

7. 10

8a. 3
b. 4
c. 3
d. 7

Actually think it was
3a. 5
b 3
ci 3
cii

4a 5
b 1

8a 2
bi 4
bii 2
biii 2
c 7
I asked the other guys in my class and 4 of them also got pi/6 for B so I'm pretty sure its right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jm098
You know for the last question, will the I simplified version give all of the marks? It said the exact value

Did you get something like 1/2ln(3) -1/2? I've seen a couple of people with this.
Original post by Xzielon
For question 5 I got to y= .5(x^2) - 3ln(x+1) + 2xln(x+1) + c for some point and I don't remember the conditions to solve it. Anyone?

not what i got
Original post by Number Nine
not what i got

I probably wrote down the wrong starting equation. I don't remember what it is.
Reply 450
Original post by Barbecuetime123
Did you get something like 1/2ln(3) -1/2? I've seen a couple of people with this.

Unsimplfied version sorry*..! That's the right answer, but I left it in the untidy form
Original post by Jm098
Unsimplfied version sorry*..! That's the right answer, but I left it in the untidy form

Shouldn't be a problem... It's still exact as they asked
Reply 452
Shouldn't be a problem... It's still exact as they asked

Thank you :smile: tough paper ay
For finding the first three non zero terms did anyone get (1+ln32)/4 as the coefficient for the x^2 term? If so was i okay to leave it in this form? As it didn't say simplify for anything did it?
Reply 454
Original post by CoIIins
For finding the first three non zero terms did anyone get (1+ln32)/4 as the coefficient for the x^2 term? If so was i okay to leave it in this form? As it didn't say simplify for anything did it?

Can't remember 32 but I got 2.075 for the last approximation
Original post by Jm098
Thank you :smile: tough paper ay

Absolutely, doesn't seem as tough looking back now though, but that's always the case. I think the boundaries will be like 2015's or slightly lower, what do you think?
Reply 456
Absolutely, doesn't seem as tough looking back now though, but that's always the case. I think the boundaries will be like 2015's or slightly lower, what do you think?

Yeah definitely, state of panic in the exam I think. I think they'll be slightly lower. Got full marks on the 2015 paper but then dropped quite a few today:/ wish I would've done it last year haha
Reply 457
Seems like everyone has done a lot better in previous papers/years?
Original post by Jm098
Can't remember 32 but I got 2.075 for the last approximation

My FM class all agreed on 2.080 for that.
Original post by CoIIins

I got (1+ln(4root2)/4 as the coefficient - log law error in there somewhere? I got the approximation the others got.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending