The Student Room Group

AQA C1 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by money-for-all
i got y=8 and my skecth was an upside down quadratic graph like an upside down 'U' is that right ? or nah

Yeah, sounds right.

quad.png
Reply 101
Original post by AccountingHelp
If I'm thinking about the same question as you, you didn't have to work out the max point did you? It just said state clearly the y intercept

Oh, sorry. Yep, I meant intecept. So is it at y=15?
Original post by df97
Shouldn't it be 75-32rt5?

Yep, thanks! What a big change one button press can be! I've edited the original post. Sorry to anyone I confused!
hey i messed up some how on the last step of finding equation of P ( used the right method) meaning i got point Q wrong and so forth couldnt work out the area! but i got the correct integral and the correct method throughout and so how many marks will i loose for this whole section??
Original post by 28657
Oh, sorry. Yep, I meant intecept. So is it at y=15?

No, y=8
Reply 105
Original post by timtjtim
Yeah, sounds right.

quad.png

****, here goes -1 mark
Reply 106
Original post by BlackthornRose
Exactly what i was thinking.

So the translation was [1/2, 41/4] as opposed to [1/2, -41/4]? Please explain, i sort of understand and sort of don't as i can't completely remember which one it said is supposed to map onto the other.

The question was y=(x-7/2)-41/4 to y=(x-4)
So we need to get rid of the -41/4, to do that we need to add -41/4 to LHS.
Vector [a,b] translates y=x to y-b=x-a therefore [1/2, 41/4] must give y-41/4=(x-7/2-1/2)-41/4 clearing it up gives y=(x-4)
Hope that helps :smile:
what was the question in number 3, 4, 6, 7a 7b, 8a
Reply 108
(edited 7 years ago)
Who else got root 34 ? Please say aye aye captain !

sorry thats wrong lol the radius is root 65

nope :frown:

root 65 :smile:
Yeah, sounds right.

quad.png

What a g, you drew what I did, I knew AQA were trying to be sneaky so I completed the square on the quadratic and found out that it turns above 8 and drops down to pass through the 8 (y-intercept), rate you for it aha
Original post by BearackObama
How did people get root 65 for the radius of the circle when the centre co-ordinates were (5,-3). On expanding this came out as root 34 surely?

i got rooooooooooot 34
Original post by df97
The question was y=(x-7/2)-41/4 to y=(x-4)
So we need to get rid of the -41/4, to do that we need to add -41/4 to LHS.
Vector [a,b] translates y=x to y-b=x-a therefore [1/2, 41/4] must give y-41/4=(x-7/2-1/2)-41/4 clearing it up gives y=(x-4)
Hope that helps :smile:

Yes it did, thank you very much. I also just reworked it out for myself and you are correct. That's another mark gone for me.
I recently made a new thread with an updated mark scheme if you lot could add to it, it will be finished soon

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4095491
(edited 7 years ago)
No, y=8

did you have to mention the x cordinates ?!?!?!?!?
i got rooooooooooot 34

Mate you had to use the distance formula or place the number in the eq to find k (=r^2)
Original post by rndmtngr99
I got k=30:h:

Are u sure k wasn't -30
Reply 119
Original post by beanigger
sorry thats wrong lol the radius is root 65

I got sqrt65 as well. Did you find it by using pytharogas or substituting point A into the equation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending