The Student Room Group

Maths Ocr 2016 C1

Scroll to see replies

For the circle question where "a second tangent was parallel to the first tangent" what did you guys get?
Original post by xandieman
For the circle question where "a second tangent was parallel to the first tangent" what did you guys get?

i think i got y=2x+10
what did everyone get for the completing the square one,then finding the maximum point? was it (3,22)?
For a couple of questions I wrote a couple of methods/answers - would the examiner mark all my working - or would I get 0 as I wrote more than one method?
I got that duncat
For that question 4+12x+2x^2, I read that as 12x^2... will I get carried workings for the next question? I completed the square for it 100% correctly just misread the question...
Original post by duncant
what did everyone get for the completing the square one,then finding the maximum point? was it (3,22)?

Thats what i put... Wasnt sure about the minus in front of the whole thing but i put (3,22) and i think i put something like -(x-3)^2+22
[QUOTE="julesaquilina;64916077"]
Original post by duncant

Thats what i put... Wasnt sure about the minus in front of the whole thing but i put (3,22) and i think i put something like -(x-3)^2+22

I think i put -2(x-3)^2+22
Original post by julesaquilina
i think i got y=2x+10

I thought as it was parallel to the first tangent that it was y=3x+10 as for the first tangent I got a gradient of 3
[QUOTE="duncant;64916135"]

I got 3,22 as well
Reply 210
when translating the curve by vector [3,0], was the new curve supposed to be drawn on the left or the right of the original?
The answer to the first one was 4x^2 - 9 ?
How are the maths grades calculated?
What was the answer for 2^k surds question with 5x 4^2/3 + 3x14^1/3?
[QUOTE="duncant;64916135"]

yes actually i put -2 as well
what did everyone get for question 9 which was the inequality of k to have two real roots?
(edited 7 years ago)
Were you meant to sketch the translation graph. I think it was just explaining it.
Reply 217
pretty sure it was just explaining
Whats the general consensus? Did everyone find it as hard as I did?
Original post by tom_lewis7
Whats the general consensus? Did everyone find it as hard as I did?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending