The Student Room Group

AQA C1 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by milen123
What did u guys get for the translation by vector question? translation by vector 0.5/-41/4?

i also got this answer^^
Original post by Cassette
I didn't think it was that bad, none of the questions were worded in a confusing way which is what usually gets me. However, as others say, there were some big numbers and unexpected elements. Was the radius of that circle sqrt(65) or sqrt(69) or something like that? I forget the answer I gave, but several times like that I stopped and went back to check my working, which is what ultimately cost me the time I needed to finish. I should probably have just trusted myself, but in practice papers I learnt that if it feels like an unexpected answer, it's probably wrong. I was about a rushed five minutes away from complete - skipped over a 2 mark and a 3 mark sub-question, with a little working on the latter at the end. So at best I've already dropped four marks, because I was too slow. Not happy with myself.

I think it was the sqrt of 65
How many marks was the circle question all together ?
I can't remember what question it was, but the question with I lauded finding the lenth of CT was 9 I think because the sqrt of 65 squared is 65 the you square the other lenth which was 4 which gives 16 then you would add the two together to get 81 then you find the sqrt of 81 which give 9.
Sorry if this was very unclear, I can't remember the question very well.
Reply 144
Does anyone know how many marks for the B circle coordinate? i dont remember doing it :L
Original post by moe889
i did too but some guy called tajtsracc keeps saying its root 65

I got root 65 too
I found last year's paper easier. I hate mental maths :frown:. Probably re-taking next year
Original post by Elij001
Does anyone know how many marks for the B circle coordinate? i dont remember doing it :L

It was a 2 mark question :smile:
Original post by Elij001

It was only 2 thankfully
Original post by rndmtngr99
Area of triangle is 9? 12 I think... (0.5*48)/2

I got 9, 0.5*0.75*24
Reply 150
Original post by Sayless
41/4

something like that,

Me too
Original post by amyrevise
It was only 2 thankfully

how many marks was the whole circle question ?
Original post by moe889

It is root 65 everyone I spoke to said it was root 65
Reply 153
Original post by vyyzx
Was the values for k ----> (-3/2<k<6 ) or (-3/2>k or k>6)

*Brackets show the 2 different answers*

I got -3/2>k or k>6

lol thanks for copying my mark scheme
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4095491
check the times made XD
Original post by moe889

It was rt65 as the difference between x values was 7 and difference between y values was 4. So you do pythagoras. R^2 = 4^2 + 7^2 =65 so r = rt65
Reply 157
Original post by xX_babefire_Xx
i also got this answer^^

me toooooo
Okay, look. Two circles on Desmos. One with radius 65 and one with radius 34.

The point A(-2,1) is marked in green. Only the one with radius 65 goes through point A.
Original post by Sayless
I got k = -30
negative

i got -30 aswell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending