The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Unit 2 Global Investigations-Friday 20th May 2016

Hey,

Does anyone have any predictions for Fridays paper??

Scroll to see replies

Predictions for this would be useful please
Reply 2
Which two topics are you doing? I'm doing extreme weather and rebranding
Reply 3
I am doing crowded coasts and rebranding
Reply 4
I'm doing crowded coasts and rebranding as well...I have no idea what'll come up. How u guys revising for the fieldwork questions?
Reply 5
And how did u guys find unit 1? I feel like I messed up section b
Original post by Jelola
I'm doing crowded coasts and rebranding as well...I have no idea what'll come up. How u guys revising for the fieldwork questions?

I'm just writing out all the techniques I can think of
Reply 7
Ok I'll try that out thanks
Reply 8
I'm doing extreme weather and rebranding. my teacher said for extreme weather most likely it will have something about frequency and metrological measurements
Reply 9
For the fieldwork and research question it can either come up about asking about methods or your results and conclusions. I'm just memorising all the primary and secondary techniques, and then just applying these to the question that it asks. Apart from that I really don't know what else is going to come up..
Reply 10
Original post by Jelola
And how did u guys find unit 1? I feel like I messed up section b

I found that paper okay, apart from I thought the recycling question was a bit strange. What question did you do for section b??
Does anybody think sustainability is bound to come up in either crowded coasts or rebranding? If it does i'm screwed, D:
Reply 12
is unit 1 and unit 2 50% and 50% for our final AS grade? Because i know for Aqa it's like 70% 30% ?
Reply 13
Original post by Nik12
is unit 1 and unit 2 50% and 50% for our final AS grade? Because i know for Aqa it's like 70% 30% ?

Unit 1 is 60% and unit 2 is 40%
Extreme weather: Weather diary, technology, probably management techniques too
Rebranding: I'm feeling heritage stuff, sustainable rebranding, and how we see if it was a success or not?

Looked at all past papers and not feeling too nervous but messed up u1 so need to nail this
Reply 15
Original post by taylab_x
Unit 1 is 60% and unit 2 is 40%

Ok thanks! I need to work my ass off for unit 2 😂
Reply 16
Last year it was mainly pressures for crowded coasts and it was need for rebranding so itll probably be our FW and R into the success of rebranding im guessing??
Reply 17
Original post by ImagineCats
Rebranding: I'm feeling heritage stuff, sustainable rebranding, and how we see if it was a success or not?

Looked at all past papers and not feeling too nervous but messed up u1 so need to nail this

what's 'heritage stuff' ?? :s
Original post by ImagineCats

I doubt anything to do with heritage would come up since that came up last year
Sooo... My teacher is absolutely terrible and has barely prepared us for the exam this Friday! I'm fine with fieldwork, it's just the other 10 markers. I have no idea what case studies to learn and why I need to know them e.g reasons why urban areas decline or whatever. I'm doing crowded coats and rebranding. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending