This poll is closed

How was the M3 for you?

very hard 3%
hard 10%
ok 35%
easy 31%
very easy21%
Total votes: 102
How did you find this year's M3? (EDEXCEL ONLY)

This is last year's poll
M3 POLL.JPG

these were the actual boundaries of last year's exam
74 full UMS
69 ---> 90 UMS
64 ---> 80 UMS (A)
58 ---> 70 UMS (B)
52 ---> 60 UMS (C)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it was ok. there weren't any trick questions on it really, just your standard M3 paper. my mark really depends on any silly mistakes I made
Question 2 stunned me as I didn't practice any of those lamina algebraic integration without given y and x, after exam friend told me you use gradient of line and form your y=6-2x/3 equation the use integral (xy) dx/integral y dx. Everything else was eZ just hope i got the non show that questions right aswell :smile:

Can't wait to be broken by arseys model answers
(edited 7 years ago)
does anyone know if theres going to be model answers posted anywhere?
Who's so hardboiled they found it very easy? :laugh:

Just realised this is for GCE.... checks out

:creep:
(edited 7 years ago)
will arsey do model answers or any1 else????
Last years m3 paper had model answers but they werent from arsey, lets just hope whoever did it last year does it again this year
One of the best maths papers I have ever done, completed every quesion and confident that I got almost all of it right. 100UMS would be nice but that was so easy grade boundaries will be high.
Reply 8
Ignoring simple mistakes, I might've got every answer apart from the 9 marker. When it's allowed, please would a genius post/send me a worked solution with how many marks for each step? :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not very confident about this

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was beautiful, honestly, I did all 33 M3 papers and that one has to be the easiest one I've ever done.
Was standard M3 paper, all the questions have been seen before.

Q6 was slightly out if the ordinary however not that bad.
Original post by mattyd375
does anyone know if theres going to be model answers posted anywhere?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=64911181&postcount=887

If you want a quick check now

I would say it was average. Questions weren't all easy but there was nothing new
Easy compared to recent papers. Boundaries are going to be sky high and tight this year I reckon, 70 for 90ums at the very least imo
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Easy compared to recent papers. Boundaries are going to be sky high and tight this year I reckon, 70 for 90ums at the very least imo

Really? I thought June 15 was easier. Specially 6b will throw ppl off
Original post by Student403
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=64911181&postcount=887

If you want a quick check now

I would say it was average. Questions weren't all easy but there was nothing new

I guess it really depends how much prep you do. The spindle question has come up two times in the past 6 years before this paper :tongue:
Original post by Euclidean
I guess it really depends how much prep you do. The spindle question has come up two times in the past 6 years before this paper :tongue:

True but honestly that was a pisstake of a question. Like even if it had never come up before it will always be an accessible question
Really? I thought June 15 was easier. Specially 6b will throw ppl off

Comparing the two papers :

1) Calculus for Kinematics : S16 easier than the one in S15 involving the trap rule imo

2) COM : unexpected question as they regularly ask for proving the COM of laminas so S16 probably harder

3) Energy in Hookes Law : S15 harder as that involved a spring not a string

4) Horizontal circular motion : practically identical to S15 so both equal

5) COM : again practically identical cone question so both equal

6) Vertical circles : part a) is standard and so is part b) but just worded in a confusing manner. It's the same concept that t must greater than zero at the top, after finding the radius of the new circular motion it was standard. Thought S15 end question was harder as that involved projectiles which I can often make mistakes on.

7) S16 starts of easier but the second part is unexpected as that involves momentum, so overall S16 harder

Overall about the same but this paper was very similar to S15 so if you nailed that before the exam I'd say you were pretty well prepared for this. Just hope that I didn't make any notation mistakes as that could be a grade changer, reckon the boundaries will be quite high for this one.. Sorry for the rant :biggrin:
True but honestly that was a pisstake of a question. Like even if it had never come up before it will always be an accessible question

I chuckled inside when I turned the page and saw it :elefant:

I was expecting a monstrous solid body with moments all over the shop and it turned out to be the same spindle I'd done twice before :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest