The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME - ICT Edexcel (Living in a digital world) GCSE

Thought I might as well try to get one together! Of course, I can't remember everything and I'm unsure on the order of things so help would be appreciated!

1. [14]
a. i. A
a. ii. D
a. iii. C
b. Size
c. Router
d. ?
e. The visitor uses data and so there is less bandwidth to go around
f. Creating a Password / Setting up MAC filtering
g. Speakers / Headphones / Remote Control
h. The Law stating that you can't copy/share somebody's original work without their permission
i. ?

2. [14]
a. ?
b. IMAP
c. Blog
d. Some people don't have access to email and so this keeps them informed / doesn't leave them out
e. WPA
f. ?
g. Report the comment / Block the User
h. Lack of IT skills means less well paid job / feeling excluded from friends / Students with internet have more resources

3. [16]
a. ?
b. ?
c. Set up a password for the site?
d. Cookies
e. What images the users look at?
f. ?
g. He can use his laptop to view the photoblog and download an image. He can then connect it to the tablet, for example through a thunderbolt, and transfer the image on to it and save it.

4. [18]
a.?
b.?
c. 'define' www' lol
d. 'define internet' lol
e. Upgrade the processor speed so applications run faster
f. Using a smartwatch you can monitor how many steps you are doing daily, and then through an app on your phone which is synched to it, you can view and analyse this data.
g. Positive: Less paper used through people contacting each other online and people using digital books / Less plastic being used to create packaging
Negative: They require electricity, which uses energy / Many are made from plastic which uses finite resources /

5. [18]
a. What is a secure way of recovering a password? [4]
b. Why can’t the staff use social media? [4]
c. What are the consequences of the availability of personal information online? [8]

The Questions:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what did people put for the 2nd 6 marker?
Original post by Exam5
what did people put for the 2nd 6 marker?

ruining peoples lives, losing friends etc
Reply 3
1ai) C

1e) Less bandwidth to go around as there are more people

1f) Securing with a password or using an ethernet connection

1g) Headphones and a remote control
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
a lot of my friends and myself talked about the data act and privacy policy
Reply 5
For which question?
What was the answer to the WPA key for a mobile phone?
Original post by lily628
Thought I might as well try to get one together! Of course, I can't remember everything and I'm unsure on the order of things so help would be appreciated!

1. [14]
a. i. A
a. ii. D
a. iii. C
b. ?
c. Router
d. ?
f. Creating a Password / Setting up MAC
h. The Law stating that you can't copy/share somebody's original work without their permission
i. ?

2. [14]
a. ?
b. SMTP
c. Blog
d. Some people don't have access to email and so this keeps them informed / doesn't leave them out
e. WPA
f. ?
g. Report the comment + ?
h. Lack of IT skills means less well paid job / feeling excluded from friends / Students with internet have more resources

The Questions:

Spoiler

2B was IMAP as it asked POP3 delete the email straight off the server.
What prototool keeps Emails on the system?

something ,ike that anyway
Reply 8
Original post by lily628
For which question?

the 2nd 6 marker
Reply 9
i talked about the data protection act and the privacy policy and privacy settings for the second 6 marker would that be correct?
Original post by Exam5
i talked about the data protection act and the privacy policy and privacy settings for the second 6 marker would that be correct?

Yeah, it was a proper bi***.
I put something along the lines of Data Protection Act and they can't release the data with out the customers consent and some more ******** and that.

I think its right doe.
Original post by lily628

1. [14]
a. i. A
a. ii. D
a. iii. C
b. ?
c. Router
d. ?
f. Creating a Password / Setting up MAC
i. ?

2. [14]
a. ?
b. SMTP
c. Blog
e. WPA
f. ?
g. Report the comment + ?

1F probably need to say MAC filtering
2B was IMAP
2G Also block the persons account
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
For 2h.
I put about remoteness, lack of economic funding therefore won't be able to afford, political laws. is this wrong? :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by itsalx
For 2h.
I put about remoteness, lack of economic funding therefore won't be able to afford, political laws. is this wrong? :frown:

Same omgg😂
Reply 14
Original post by itsalx
For 2h.

i think those are causes of the digital divide instead of implications of it
I put wiki for 2c. Is that not right? 😬
Noooo. 3 marks lost. I didnt read the damn question. I put "lack of skills, affordability, and disability" because i thought it said three causes of lack of it skills
Original post by pingu58011
I put wiki for 2c. Is that not right? 😬

That was the most disputed question ever, it said something about "collaborative" so alot of people put wiki, some put forum (makes more sense) and some put blog. Idek what I put
What was the answer to number 5 questions??
What was that 6marker omds lol
Reply 19
Original post by Adzkii786
Noooo. 3 marks lost. I didnt read the damn question. I put "lack of skills, affordability, and disability" because i thought it said three causes of lack of it skills

Sameeee!!!:colonhash::colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending