The Student Room Group

Government to introduce Sharia compliant student loans for Muslims

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Ciel.
Then what would be the point of having religious courts? Waste of time and effort.
One law for all does not mean no freedom of religion. It simply means 'no you can't can't special treatment (or be discriminated against) just because you believe in a higher power'. *shrugs*

My example was to address the misconception that religious courts overrule the UK courts judgements. Which is a big misconception.
Reply 121
Original post by Erebor
Nah, I'll keep using moslem. As the dictionary says, it's an arhaic term but then again I'm a bit old fashioned myself. So yeah, moslem. Deal with it.

Lol, i dont really give two shits if you say Moslem😂. But you just need to be more clear. And be gay!

...archaically speaking
Original post by lNurl
Last point, yup, Muslims a bit stupid in that sense, make a sausage, put halal on it, they will eat because in case it was wrongly put there 'Muslims don't carry any sin'.
So yes, to get some Muslim to units, you need to callbit halal.

I love this. :rofl:
Original post by lNurl
OMG, I'm reading it at work, and it was super hilarious, now people think I'm crazy, thanks :biggrin:

Do you remember that Iran banned all the female champs, even anivia, but annie was open because she is still a child??

Lol I typed that in work

What banter that was. Just the regime trying to feel important.

Original post by lNurl
Don't worry, no matter how much Muslims want it, they will not be able to bed the law. If government bends, then well done to Muslims. IRS the government that majority voted, make a group and protest :smile:

Last point, yup, Muslims a bit stupid in that sense, make a sausage, put halal on it, they will eat because in case it was wrongly put there 'Muslims don't carry any sin'.

Muslims, more or less are brainwashed, they don't have decision making power, they look for the answer to be handed in Quran. We need to help them, guide them.

At the end, I guess I'm as a person more optimistic than you :smile:

Very interesting post :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oShahpo
Education is the best, most peaceful at least, solution to get over some of the integration problems a lot of British Muslims face. Helping them go to school is certainly a plus, as long as it isn't countering our rights.
Check out how much the Saudi's have pumped into UK universities for the establishment of 'Islamic Study Centres'. (Oxford £75m alone) with Saudi money estimated at £200m+ per year. Why?

The same Saudi that requires by law for all it's citizens to be Muslims.
The same Saudi that imposes systematic discrimination against all others who are not Sunni Muslim and esp. Wahabbi Muslim..
The same Saudi where atheism is a capital offence.

Integration. anyone?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Quantex
They will end up paying interest in all but name but if it makes them happy and comfortable to borrow money for university, then I don't see the problem.

just like Halal / Sharia Mortgages where you repay the capital and 'rent' the property from the lender as well and the rent is magically the same as the interest would be on a normal loand ...
Original post by champ_mc99
I personally think education will be better despite this. From what I see most people who want Sharia, ban homosexuality and so forth have been brainwashed by senior Islamists who have higher authority due to having better education. I think if more people are educated, they will be less dependent on what the radical but educated Islamist think and will be able to think for themselves.Integration will work both ways. Not saying it's a certainty but a more likely case is the Islamist will become more tolerant to the Westerners and the bigoted Westerners will become more tolerant to the Muslims.This seems like the only suitable option imho. I mean "deporting all refugees" is hardly going to cut it.
Except that it does not, and with all due respect, it is nonsense like that, which has caused the huge problems of non-integration in Western countries, it should never work both ways.

Deport all refugees, well, that would help to remove future troublemakers, so yes, I would support that. I have already made my feelings known on this site, that the UK should basically accept 0 asylum seekers / refugeesa year.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

This.If people want to get angry about Halal they should stear their attention to halal meat where there are clear animal welfare issues. These not loans that are essentially loans are basically harmless. I don't see the problem.So you are saying we should be more like Muslim countries? [/QUOTE]

In some ways, yes. There should be almost zero tolerance for foreign cultures / demands when they come here.

@ChaoticButterfly
(edited 7 years ago)
Seeing the anti-muslim posts like.

Attachment not found
Reply 129
Original post by Hydeman
I love this. :rofl:

Good I made you laugh !! :biggrin:

Original post by chemting
Lol I typed that in work

What banter that was. Just the regime trying to feel important.

Very interesting post :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well education is always good, especially if it enables a group that is less likely to go otherwise. But that's about it.

What is not good is calling it Halal. This is exactly the same kind of PC nonsense that means cards now say season's greetings rather than merry xmas. What is not good either is calling it "charitable donation", I mean what? That already sounds so fake...what is it supposed to be anyway? Someone pays for my education and in return, down the line, I pay for someone else's? But I pay more not because that's interest, but because that's charity?
Original post by The_Opinion
Except that it does not, and with all due respect, it is nonsense like that, which has caused the huge problems of non-integration in Western countries, it should never work both ways.

Deport all refugees, well, that would help to remove future troublemakers, so yes, I would support that. I have already made my feelings known on this site, that the UK should basically accept 0 asylum seekers / refugeesa year.

Like I said. Think realistically. We won't deport refugees.

And from the stats baconandsauce gave a lot of these student terrorist were obviously not refugees. I think overall they're two different problems.
Original post by Josb
Because I have applied for a PhD in the UK.

Yeah but you haven't done a GCSE in RE so I can't take you seriously I'm afraid.....

Granted, a trained chimpanzee could pass it but you're just not qualified to have an opinion without it.....
Original post by lNurl
Don't worry, no matter how much Muslims want it, they will not be able to bed the law. If government bends, then well done to Muslims. IRS the government that majority voted, make a group and protest :smile:

Muslims, more or less are brainwashed, they don't have decision making power, they look for the answer to be handed in Quran. We need to help them, guide them.

At the end, I guess I'm as a person more optimistic than you :smile:

Somebody reported this post. :sigh:
Like I said. Think realistically. We won't deport refugees.

And from the stats baconandsauce gave a lot of these student terrorist were obviously not refugees. I think overall they're two different problems.

You are right, we wont deport them, but we easily could do, at least for now.
You are right, we wont deport them, but we easily could do, at least for now.

The refugees are uneducated too. Remember that. (ie. It's not really the topic of the thread)
The refugees are uneducated too. Remember that. (ie. It's not really the topic of the thread)

Whilst they are uneducated, what has that got to do with my comment? I don't understand.
Whilst they are uneducated, what has that got to do with my comment? I don't understand.

I said educating muslim citizens is a more realistic strategy than deporting refugees. If the refugees are uneducated and they are mainly the problem then we don't know if the educated ones will be as bad.
I said educating muslim citizens is a more realistic strategy than deporting refugees. If the refugees are uneducated and they are mainly the problem then we don't know if the educated ones will be as bad.

Or just don't let them in and avoid the problem, the rational way of doing things.
Blimey. There's a lot of ******** and half truths on this thread.

Takaful loans were proposed back in 2011 when the announcement that the fee increase to £9k would include changes to charge interest above inflation. Prior to that change there was no need for two systems.

The lib dems pushed through the proposal which was consulted on in 2014 and in sept 2014 it was AGREED that it would be in place for 2016 academic year.

Then the election happened and the agreement was shelved. Now it's back on the table but tied to the white paper so likely to take ages to get into legislation and then probably another year to be implemented. So with luck it will be in for the 2018 academic year.

So that's 6 years of a student finance system that many muslims were unable or unwilling to take out loans to fund their studies - 3 years of which are down to delaying tactics from the current government.

This should have (and could have) been in in 2012 if we didn't have incompetence in BIS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending