The Student Room Group

WJEC AS GEOGRAPHY G1 and G2 17 and 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
what do you mean raw marks? so you only have to get 50 out of 75? I'm confused if so i might be saved

Original post by Kaneki
If you discussed two impacts of climate change you'll probably just be capped at lower band two, so 4,5,6 marks (More likely 4). So you may not have to, if you've aced the rest of the paper there's still a good chance for an A, considering you only need 66% of the raw marks.

Try not to worry about it!
Original post by 123x
what do you mean raw marks? so you only have to get 50 out of 75? I'm confused if so i might be saved

ye around 50 is usually an A
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ivyivyivy
what did everyone put for the management question? i wrote about putting in predictive measures and just overelaborating on that because i couldn't think of anything else. in hindsight i probably could've written just broadly bout rebuilding all that was destroyed, but what's done is done

I did evacuation with weaknesses such as the money lost from business and the crime in the evacuated but obviously the positives of saving lives and allowing people to move/protect their valuables
Reply 103
For question 1c about the importance of human factors in causing climate change, will I get called for not mentioning other factors?
I've heard from a lot of people that on the 1a skill
Lots of people got the scales wrong ... As opposite 1-10 ...
This paper on 2nd section is different in comparison to the past papers as it states ONE strategy instead of the normal 2 for management ... This made it harder I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by ivyivyivy
what did everyone put for the management question? i wrote about putting in predictive measures and just overelaborating on that because i couldn't think of anything else. in hindsight i probably could've written just broadly bout rebuilding all that was destroyed, but what's done is done

I also done something similar, I wrote about a moe accurate warning system put in place so hopefully if we have stated the strengths and weaknesses we will get the marks
Original post by Zaah
For question 1c about the importance of human factors in causing climate change, will I get called for not mentioning other factors?

I hope not as I didn't mention other factors either :s
Original post by 123x

Wait so I only wrote about human factors? So I answered it wrong?
Original post by 123x

Yeh, 50 raw marks is usually 80 UMS, last year G2 was even lower at 48 for an A... As you'll find when you get your result in July, 1 raw mark in it usually equates to 3+ UMS at the higher end of the scale, which is bloody stupid imo.
G2 predictions??
Any body got any good revision stuff for G2??
What was the exact question for how humans are contributing for question 1c ?
Original post by 1248736394
What was the exact question for how humans are contributing for question 1c ?

theres a picture of the question 1 questions earlier in the thread
For question 1c, do you think that you had to say about the greenhouse effect to get into band 3 or would you get away with saying the factors (with statistics) such as deforestation, transportation etc ?
I'm confused:s for the human importance on climate change question, I only wrote about the human impacts on climate change? Is that right or wrong?
Reply 115
I am doing G2 tommorow and i predict that the reaseach enquiry question will be Evaluate your data prsentation methods

What about everyone else??
What about evaluation? That hasn't come up since one time in 2009? Last year my teacher said it would either be data collection or evaluation soo.. i agree!
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm pretty sure you can, my geography teacher thinks it was a question to get us to explain how the drainage basin can be changed and influenced so looking into land use for impermeable surfaces or vegetated land and how they may hinder or help flows and transfers, looking at land values as they can indicate the intensity of flood management techniques in the area and how they affect the flow, whether the river has been altered upstream with something like a dam which controls the flow, precipitation levels etc
Original post by Mollyn98
I'm confused:s for the human importance on climate change question, I only wrote about the human impacts on climate change? Is that right or wrong?

Bit confused too as I only wrote about the enhanced greenhouse effect and the different gases, but not really much detail about human impacts.. All I put in that way was that for example co2 increases with deforestation and a growing population
I have case study cards for the whole of G2 and a set of them for a research enquiry if anyone needs them.

Quick Reply

Latest