The Student Room Group

National 5 Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by Rebeccahughes15
Aw I put a strong acid and weak base, it was a guess :////

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dunno if mines is right tho, So don't get too caught up about it :smile:
oxalic acid and most other carboxylic acids are weak, and sodium hydroxide is a strong alkali, so its weak acid strong base
Does anyone remember the question after the fertilisers one about potassium and the flame testing?

It was about fertilisers also but it was something about ammonium can't remember what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone remember the question after the fertilisers one about potassium and the flame testing?

It was about fertilisers also but it was something about ammonium can't remember what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah I remember that one. It was basically asking you for an advantage of why ammonium is good in fertilizers ...

I think I got it wrong...
What did you put
Did anyone say that it was soluble for another reason why they use it (the fertiliser question)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apart from amonium being soluble y else is it useful for fertilisers
The answer was because it contains nitrogen which is used for plant growth. Not sure if answer is right tho :frown:
Reply 446
Original post by Ethan100
Oh yeah I remember that one. It was basically asking you for an advantage of why ammonium is good in fertilizers ...

I think I got it wrong...
What did you put

I wrote something about neutralising. I've got it wrong

Original post by 7894561230
Did anyone say that it was soluble for another reason why they use it (the fertiliser question)

Isn't that one of the things the question gave u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was talking about ammonium citrate, and it asked for a benefit of using it. i sais it was because ammonium contains nitrogen which is an essential chemical for plant growth
Does anyone knoe if the question paper is online. Need it asap!!!!
Did anyone get a lot of B and C answers for the multiple choice? :s-smilie:
Original post by jack5101
it was talking about ammonium citrate, and it asked for a benefit of using it. i sais it was because ammonium contains nitrogen which is an essential chemical for plant growth

I said it contained the nutrients required for fertilizers to be more effective .. Is that correct ? I didn't know what to write so I basically wrote anything
What did everyone get fo the very last q in the multiple choice?
Original post by SSJBlue
Did anyone get a lot of B and C answers for the multiple choice? :s-smilie:

I seriously can't remember :s-smilie: I think it was fine, the balancing equation took me ages and I still didn't get it! I did a 3 and a 2 but it was actually a 3 and a 3
Original post by studyranger

I got D but i think its wrong
Anyone know If there is paper 2 solutions anywhere

what was it?? XD
Original post by Ethan100
I said it contained the nutrients required for fertilizers to be more effective .. Is that correct ? I didn't know what to write so I basically wrote anything

that should be fine
Reply 457
What did everyone get for question that went something like: 1 mole of hydrogen = 24 litres

if 0.01 reacted with something something what would be the volume?
Original post by eve_4342
what was it?? XD

Its ok someone said the answer before i did not see but the one about Potassium Carbonate being made with water and the water being cloudy becasue ions were present so it asked which ions. :smile:

My other question though would be for that question drawing the equipment for the flowers that you were getting essential oils from what did you all draw?
Its ok someone said the answer before i did not see but the one about Potassium Carbonate being made with water and the water being cloudy becasue ions were present so it asked which ions. :smile:

My other question though would be for that question drawing the equipment for the flowers that you were getting essential oils from what did you all draw?

I basically just drew what the question said, so a water bath with a test tube in it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending