The Student Room Group

Maths Ocr 2016 C1

Scroll to see replies

yeah I got r<root45 -5 too, but everyone I've spoken to got r<2 :frown:
I got the exact same answer as you, but we're both right in that it is equal to 27. Should be 8/8 surely?
For the completing the square question I goofed up.
The question was -2x^2+12x+4 but I took the values to the other side and got 2x^2-12x-4 and I completed the square. How many marks will I get. Also will I get error carried forward for the next question asking for the maximum point?
Original post by TheSurrealTV
your mark scheme is for OCR MEI, this thread is OCR only

His mark scheme is for OCR
your mark scheme is for OCR MEI, this thread is OCR only

Oh sorry the person who posted the unofficial mark schemes posted 2 links here is the one for OCR

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xUeoSwXdOYRFjLSQUu1WKb9Yl5_GFg6p_FoeRhCofv0/edit
Original post by student199919
probably 7 out of 8? i think considering it's equivalent, you got the right answer so they might give between 7 or 8?

thankyou :smile:
Original post by KevinGu123456789
For the question about the circle being wholly inside the other, did anyone else get 0<r<√45 - 5?
Most people got 0<r<2, but I thought that this may not be right

yeah I got r<√45 - 5 but everyone I've spoken to got r<2 :frown:. I can't figure out how they got that though
did it ask to give a as an integer?

I don't think so, so hoping I will still get full marks:smile:
Original post by liziepie
Hey, at least you will still get some marks for the method :smile:

How many marks do you think we'd get if we followed all those steps but accidently put a - in the wrong place?
Original post by liziepie
Hey, at least you will still get some marks for the method :smile:

yeah true thanks!
Original post by Logic4Life
For the completing the square question I goofed up.
The question was -2x^2+12x+4 but I took the values to the other side and got 2x^2-12x-4 and I completed the square. How many marks will I get. Also will I get error carried forward for the next question asking for the maximum point?

plz reply someone!!!!
Original post by 10fishli
yeah I got r<√45 - 5 but everyone I've spoken to got r<2 :frown:. I can't figure out how they got that though

i got r<2, im not saying it's correct, because im hearing people say its r<root45, but the way i got 2 was wen i was calculating the x value of A which was 10. since it was a quadratic, i also got that there was another x interception at -2. therefore i thought that r had to be smaller than 2 because if it was bigger then it would have gone outside the circle, if you see what i mean.
So thanks for the people that put up the mark scheme, I reckon I got 50 at worse and about 56 at best. Really hoping that's an A, it was much harder than most of the other papers I can remember doing.
Any Ideas the marks required for a B or C??
Original post by Cinna21
His mark scheme is for OCR

it was for OCR MEI but now he removed the message
Original post by MrCoolVille
Any Ideas the marks required for a B or C??

Maybe take a few marks off last year's boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone remember question 1
it was for OCR MEI but now he removed the message

Yeah, sorry about that.
Where's the mark scheme?
Original post by 10fishli
yeah I got r<root45 -5 too, but everyone I've spoken to got r<2 :frown:

don't worry about what they say, you're correct.
technically, it is 0<r<3√5 -5 (not sure if they'll require you to say r>0)

NB 3√5 = √45

Quick Reply

Latest