The Student Room Group

Who fears the AQA Chemistry Unit 1 exam tomorrow?

This poll is closed

Guess what comes up in C1 AQA science tomorrow.

History 31%
Business Studies 14%
Economics 19%
Snails and gardening tactics 14%
Drunk 15 year olds22%
Total votes: 36
I wonder what comes up next...more business studies? History? Economics?
Reply 1
Ive already revised for it and i just need to read over my notes and do one or two past papers (if theres even a point of doing it) but i think alot of graph and table related questions will come up :redface: i just wanna know what the 6 marker will be cos the biology one was amazing
Let's hope not! XD

At least now we all know to revise the 'how science works' bit of the specification that most of us ignored before...

I don't think they will have made all the exams as weird as the Biology though... or I hope not, at least.

Do you think you're prepared? :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by s.mo
Ive already revised for it and i just need to read over my notes and do one or two past papers (if theres even a point of doing it) but i think alot of graph and table related questions will come up :redface: i just wanna know what the 6 marker will be cos the biology one was amazing

6 marker is probably limestone extraction and quarrying ....i think.

It could also be to state and evaluate advantages and disadvantages of a certain topic :s-smilie:
Original post by Dizgurl
6 marker is probably limestone extraction and quarrying ....i think.

It could also be to state and evaluate advantages and disadvantages of a certain topic :s-smilie:

That's exactly what I'm revising now! Mind reader O.o
Do you know what's likely to come up on the paper, (i hope that dont mess with it again)
Original post by yaystrawberries
Let's hope not! XD

At least now we all know to revise the 'how science works' bit of the specification that most of us ignored before...

I don't think they will have made all the exams as weird as the Biology though... or I hope not, at least.

Do you think you're prepared? :biggrin:

Prepared? Was till I saw B1 paper...:s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by MissChameleon
That's exactly what I'm revising now! Mind reader O.o

haha...it's just a guess...might be wrong. Good luck with your revision and tomorrow :h:
Reply 9
if its anything like the bio paper is there even a point of revising anymore? Might as well become one of those alcoholic rats or drunk 15yr olds and wing it
Original post by possolik
I don't know how to revise for it anymore at this point...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go over potential 6 markers (Limestone polymers, Miller-Ure, Structure of Earth) that always helps :h:
Original post by possolik
Can someone explain the Miller-Urey? What are you exactly meant to say? Also, what is the difference between the mixture of gases in that experiment and the alternative 'primordial soup' theory?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Miller-Urey experiment is evidence for the Primordial Soup Theory. The experiment stimulated a version of early earth with all the gases presumably present on early earth to test the Primordial Soup theory and see whether life could be created from gases present and a form of energy (lightning).

Miller and Urey sealed a mixture of water, ammonia, methane and hydrogen in a sterile flask. The mixture was heated to produce water vapour. Electric sparks were passed through the mixture of water vapour and gases, simulating lightning. After a week, amino acids, the building blocks for proteins, were found.
Anyone thinking this?

Quick Reply

Latest