The Student Room Group

WJEC C1 - May 18th 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by broganrogers
What did you guys get for the equation of the line DB i think it was? for some reason I really couldn't do it :colondollar:

I think I just had a mind blank and put x=4 xD
Reply 41
Still no mark scheme posted?:frown:
What did everyone get for the 'find two real roots' question? Can't remember it exactly.
Reply 43
Original post by FusionNetworks
I think I just had a mind blank and put x=4 xD

Lol, although tbf to you 4 was an x-value somewhere! I got than the 4's cancelled and then got confused but as I say, only 1/2 marks so no need to panic.
Someone please make a mark scheme😢 I would but I can't remember all the questions, someone must have a better memory than me!
Original post by jonb365
Lol, although tbf to you 4 was an x-value somewhere! I got than the 4's cancelled and then got confused but as I say, only 1/2 marks so no need to panic.

4s cancelled meaning gradient BD = 0

therefore equation of the line BD was Y=M

Both B and D had the same X coordinate so the line would be flat therefore no gradient.

At least thats the answer I got. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong
I had 19 for the f(2.25) did anyone else?
Original post by Jack1066
4s cancelled meaning gradient BD = 0

therefore equation of the line BD was Y=M

Both B and D had the same X coordinate so the line would be flat therefore no gradient.

At least thats the answer I got. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong

The equation of BD was x=4. The line of x=4 is a line going straight up, therefore the gradient is actually infinity. The point B and the point D both lie on the line x = 4. That would have thrown a lot of people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naomi173
I had 19 for the f(2.25) did anyone else?

I think I messed that one up. I got like some big fraction like 157/8

I probably messed it up too! I done it really quick at the end.. I had (X-2)(2x+5)(4x-1) as the factors I think and then substituted 2.25 as X and got 19😬
I probably messed it up too! I done it really quick at the end.. I had (X-2)(2x+5)(4x-1) as the factors I think and then substituted 2.25 as X and got 19😬

Nope, 19 is correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PedanticStudent
Nope, 19 is correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank god!what about the last question, I had 200 as the volume

Also correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find the exam overall, anything you didn't get or know you got wrong?
Reply 54

Not being funny but I thought that was a bit of a ridiculous non-calc question to work out for one sodding mark (1 mark for subbing in 2.25 for all x-values I think)!
Since that paper was far easier than last year's C1, I wouldn't be surprised if they ramp it up for C2 next week. Good luck to us all!
I did everything else in the last question and found the correct value of x but i forgot to put it back into the equation :frown:((
Original post by PedanticStudent
How did you find the exam overall, anything you didn't get or know you got wrong?

The finding m hurt my head, normally those question 1 questions are simple but I couldn't get my head around it! everything else went fine I think! Apart from drawing the graph of the answers of the completing the square and simultaneous equations, my graph drawing skills are terrible! You?
Reply 58
Original post by Luketidley
I did everything else in the last question and found the correct value of x but i forgot to put it back into the equation :frown:((

Same but not to worry, you'll just lose the 1 mark (although it's bloody annoying I know).
Reply 59
The finding m hurt my head, normally those question 1 questions are simple but I couldn't get my head around it! everything else went fine I think! Apart from drawing the graph of the answers of the completing the square and simultaneous equations, my graph drawing skills are terrible! You?

I'm with you there. I was constantly rubbing out for like 5 mins and that question was exhausting my time.

One other thing to say about this paper is the awkward numbers. Some quite tough numbers to figure out in the polynomial in particular and certainly you'd be taking a long time on certain questions if your non-calc numeracy wasn't very good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending