The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

How did you lot find that exam to be honest I completely messed up argh did no revision for psychopathology that section really did punch me if the face but oh well...

A big thank you to everyone that took time out to make a mark scheme you guys are awesome :smile:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J8cXh4XRwT_hzR0TgOWjcVUHLkOxdNJGSDE184v3Kyw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

If this was your last exam hope you have a great time and well, just take it easy i suppose.

If you still have more upcomnig exams please focus on them and do not dwell to much on this one now. :smile:

Best of luck for your next exams and hope you guys get what you want on results day.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is the bandura bobo doll study a key study to learn for paper 2 or do we just have to know social learning theory in general?
Original post by Chloebreenb
Is the bandura bobo doll study a key study to learn for paper 2 or do we just have to know social learning theory in general?

Make sure you know it!
Reply 3
Original post by Chloebreenb

If I was you I would definitely learn that study and know its strengths/weaknesses (to then be applied in an evaluation styles question). It has appeared previously in other papers so id suggest you make sure its in the back of your head. :smile:
What do we need to know about Standard Deviation for this paper? That is if we even need to know it
So how's everyone feeling about this exam?
Reply 6
Original post by jessicabristow
So how's everyone feeling about this exam?

i havent even started unit 2 revision damn im just gonna try n fluke this exam. (have economics unit 2 on the same day gotta worry about that)
Reply 7
do we need to now about the areas of the brain e.g diencephalon and brain stem or just the main cerebellum and cerebrum?
Reply 8
Predictions for the biopsychology questions?
Reply 9
Could sign testing come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by mali473
Could sign testing come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep
I was wondering if anyone had any tips or exemplar answers for the Approaches essays? Especially for the biological approach, I just find it so hard to apply biological ideas in an essay for some reason.

I feel like the biological approach could come up as a 12 or 8 marker in the exam as I think it was the only approach that wasn't in the specimen papers as an essay? Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I was wondering if anyone had any tips or exemplar answers for the Approaches essays? Especially for the biological approach, I just find it so hard to apply biological ideas in an essay for some reason.

I feel like the biological approach could come up as a 12 or 8 marker in the exam as I think it was the only approach that wasn't in the specimen papers as an essay? Correct me if I'm wrong though.

This website is really good for 12 marker tips !! http://www.loopa.co.uk/answer-12-mark-essay-questions-psychology-aqa-psya1-psya2/
Original post by bigmoneysalvia
What do we need to know about Standard Deviation for this paper? That is if we even need to know it

Bigger = worse results.
You do not need to know the formula or how to work it out.
:s-smilie: help for Sign testing please?!!
Original post by Synonym
yep
Reply 15
Did this today in A2 hope this helps you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got any revision materials they would kindly share? Im dreading this paper- thought 1st one was okayyy! How about everyone else? X
Original post by Griffinc
Anyone got any revision materials they would kindly share? Im dreading this paper- thought 1st one was okayyy! How about everyone else? X

I agree, I thought the first paper was okay but really dreading this one :frown:
Reply 18
Hi guyss, ive got a psychology whatsapp revision group for AQA psychology where we can share our notes and revision stuff so if you wanna join, then just message or pm your number and i will add u xx
Reply 19
in psychopathology for the cognitive approach to treating depression do we need to know about both Ellis' REBT and Becks TNAT or just one or the other?

Quick Reply

Latest