The Student Room Group

TSR is famous! :D

So I was going through my AQA English Language assessment resources and making sure I'm prepared (totally not :cry:) but I had a look around their A Level paper, not AS and I saw this. Basically in English Language you have to analyse meanings and representations in certain texts, usually the first one is a forum of some sort. TSR is one of the texts I could be analysing, it made its way on this specimen paper lol.

Check this out! http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/english/AQA-77021-SIN.PDF

Imagine if I had to annotate around my own thread and be like, "Rhythmical is a grumpy user and always complains about her threads. Here she uses the personal pro noun 'I'm,' in every thread to express her feelings and make it personal and intimate." I'd find that so weird. :tongue: Reminds me of the time I analysed Mumsnet for my mock in December, they are such whinges on that forum, they were moaning about school proms and the language was dreadful.

Beware guys, one of your threads could be making it's way inside my question paper! :biggrin: :rofl:
Original post by Rhythmical
So I was going through my AQA English Language assessment resources and making sure I'm prepared (totally not :cry:) but I had a look around their A Level paper, not AS and I saw this. Basically in English Language you have to analyse meanings and representations in certain texts, usually the first one is a forum of some sort. TSR is one of the texts I could be analysing, it made its way on this specimen paper lol.

Check this out! http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/english/AQA-77021-SIN.PDF

Imagine if I had to annotate around my own thread and be like, "Rhythmical is a grumpy user and always complains about her threads. Here she uses the personal pro noun 'I'm,' in every thread to express her feelings and make it personal and intimate." I'd find that so weird. :tongue: Reminds me of the time I analysed Mumsnet for my mock in December, they are such whinges on that forum, they were moaning about school proms and the language was dreadful.

Beware guys, one of your threads could be making it's way inside my question paper! :biggrin: :rofl:

Lol that's awesome i also spotted some quite questionable thread titles on the latest discussions thing on the side such as

21 and pregnant what do i do?
and the study resource bit on the first screenshot xD
Reply 2
Original post by thefatone
Lol that's awesome i also spotted some quite questionable thread titles on the latest discussions thing on the side such as

21 and pregnant what do i do?
and the study resource bit on the first screenshot xD

Don't forget Wastemanz on the TS of R! :biggrin:

And the ever classic "Are these grades good enough for year 9?"

My have we grown :moon:
Reply 4
Original post by homeland.lsw
And the ever classic "Are these grades good enough for year 9?"

My have we grown :moon:

Haha I know! :rofl: I'm so excited for this exam if TSR comes up. You guys should be scared, god knows whose thread I might get! :tongue:

Lmfao I'm in stitches...I can just imagine posh school kids looking at that and tutting.. "This shows the site has quite a few uneducated members and also proves the poor of our country do have access to technology and education."
Reply 6
Original post by Biryani007
Lmfao I'm in stitches...I can just imagine posh school kids looking at that and tutting.. "This shows the site has quite a few uneducated members and also proves the poor of our country do have access to technology and education."

But somehow made it's way onto an A Level examination paper! :rofl: If you look at the first screenshot there is something about men and women committing crimes and how men commit more crimes lol. It's a study resource. xD I want to analyse an Awesome Genius thread because it's filled with controversy I'd be balling it in with so much to write about! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending