The Student Room Group

May 2016: As Level Edexcel Psychology Exam Social and Cognitive Psychology

Thoughts on the exam?
Reply 1
Not too bad, i'm guessing i probably got a C or D
Probs got a D-E... 3 eight markers got me f'd up.
who finished the 12 marker, I didnt , it was fairly easy exam , but timing was my biggest let down
Reply 4
thought it was great! really happy with all the study questions.. wasn't expecting the 12 marker however. overall feeling quite confident
Original post by maarz
Thoughts on the exam?

Original post by em261
Not too bad, i'm guessing i probably got a C or D

Original post by sagalmahamud

Original post by algerianstar23
who finished the 12 marker, I didnt , it was fairly easy exam , but timing was my biggest let down

Original post by pzr187
thought it was great! really happy with all the study questions.. wasn't expecting the 12 marker however. overall feeling quite confident

guyyyyys I can't find a unit 2 thread so I was wondering if one of you would be kind enough to check this for me :

"Dendritesreceive chemical messages from other neurons and convert them into electricalimpulses that are transmitted towards the cell body. The cell body is where thesignals from the dendrites are joined and passed on. The axon hillock islocated at the end of the cell body and controls the firing of the neuron: ifthe total strength of the signal exceeds the threshold limit of the axonhillock, the structure will fire action potential (electrical charge) down theaxon. The (electrical) signal arrives at the axon terminal and the signaltriggers the release of neurotransmitters into the synaptic gap via theterminal buttons. The synaptic gap separates the terminal buttons of one neuronfrom the dendrites of another neuron. If the the dendrites have receptors that “match”the chemical composition of the released neurotransmitter, the signal continueswith the neurotransmitter sending a message to the cell body of the otherneuron, which triggers an electrical impulse called the action potential downthe axon of that neuron and so on.
"

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by sagalmahamud
exactly and the 12 mark i just wrote random **** for that i mean like there was so much methods in that exam wtf
Reply 7
Original post by charkayla
exactly and the 12 mark i just wrote random **** for that i mean like there was so much methods in that exam wtf

I actually thought I had some idea of what I was doing untll hay ho, a 12 mark is as interested as I'd ever be between two guys and their deeply scientific argument between a qualitative and quantitative method
Reply 8
Original post by algerianstar23

Exactly, like I actually knew the content really well; forever shall be haunted about leaving the entire baddley 8 marker out because I had ran out of time
How's everyone feeling about results day? I am really freaking out, and dreading it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending