GCSE CORE SCIENCE B1 C1 P1 Exams 2016 {OFFICIAL THREAD} EDEXCEL ONLY

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Taran001
My prediction for B1 grade boundaries
A*= 49
A=44
B= 36

I think maybe 50/51 for an A*
So, what are the predictions for the chemistry 6 markers????
Original post by TSlayerr
Cystic fibrosis came up last year. Same with glucose regulation

Tslayer you helped a lot for biology, what do you reckon the chemistry 6 markers will be???
Original post by kayapirie
i basically just repeated that people who have sickle cell are less likely to get malaria and then wrote that they may have evolved over time to have the faulty allele/both alleles for sickle cell disease so that they would be resistant to malaria

i think it was a 3 marker- how many would i get?

I don't know I'm not an examiner nor do I have a psychic mind to see the mark scheme
Original post by viperimz

It can't be 36 for a B when last year was 29 i think.Esp after the controversy occurring.
Chemistry 6 mark predictions ?
Reply 186
Thanks guys
This thread has achieved over 6000 views
:smile:

Really means a lot :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by caitlinford3
I don't know I'm not an examiner nor do I have a psychic mind to see the mark scheme

Caitlin what are your predictions for the C1 6 markers
Guys I know I am bit late asking this hahaha. But for the B1 exam about how auxins kill weeds I wrote: Auxins can be used to kill broad leaved plants such as weeds. They completely disrupt the growth patterns of the broad leaved plants as Auxin is a plant hormone, without affecting other plants that tend to have narrower leaves.

Is that worth 2 marks? I know some people will say it's only two marks but I want as many marks as possible to make the other exams easier for me to get an A* overall haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by viperimz

I think it will be higher haha like 53 for an A*. It was a pretty easy exam lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
predictions for C1?
Reply 191
Original post by DamnDaniel2
I think it will be higher haha like 53 for an A*. It was a pretty easy exam lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remember people all over the country didn't find it as easy as you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wahedi01
I would really appreciate if someone could help me, as I am quite anxious. People said it was easy blah blah blah (edexcel higher) but im not too sure.

I got the uses of plant hormones wrong for commericial, i think i got some of the blood glucose one wrong, the calculation wrong- about the height of plants, and i think i got only one mark on the malaria. Everything else I am certain i got right. So what grade do u think I got? I know it hard to predict but still.

I got the blood glucose things wrong too (that's 7 marks) so I really wouldn't worry about it because loads of people I know got it wrong as well.
I think one of the awkward end topics like climate change or polymerisation will be a six mark this year. Personally if all the tests are going to be harder next year because of the new syllabus I think they'll try and make the test harder....
Caitlin what are your predictions for the C1 6 markers

i'm predicting calcium cycle & polymers

my teacher is predicting complete / incomplete combustion (which I somewhat agree with)

I really really hope the calcium cycle is on!
Reply 195

my teacher is predicting complete / incomplete combustion (which I somewhat agree with)

Calcium cycle will be a walk in the park lol
Really hope this exam goes well cuz i found b1 somewhat average
How has this thread became so popular like 6500 views thats crazy lol
Original post by Chloe_Anne
I disagree, I sat last years paper and got an A in Biology but got a B overall so I am retaking this year and I actually thought this exam was easier. You could guess the answers on this years paper if you were unsure but last year there were some questions that weren't in the syllabus and you couldn't just guess at ie. Explain why a man with cystic fibrosis may be infertile. But thats just my opinion.

I did this for my core last year and got 100% in the biology but this year, I don't know if I can get an a* in this paper.
Reply 197

I have a feeling its disposing polymers and recycling
Reply 198
Original post by TSlayerr
I did this for my core last year and got 100% in the biology but this year, I don't know if I can get an a* in this paper.

6 mark question predictions???
I have a feeling its disposing polymers and recycling

what type of question do you think they could ask on disposing polymers?

Quick Reply