The Student Room Group

How do you get an A grade at AQA AS Biology (re-take)

Hi there. This is my first thread ever so please don't mind any mistakes. My question is clearly stated in the title. I am retaking unit 2 this year and would love to get a good grade. How do some people manage to get A's in Biology exams - note, not unit 3(looking at my school, where most of us found the paper difficult last year but a couple of student's got A's! And they actually hate Biology but still get amazing results!) Is it mainly past papers and learning the mark schemes? Or any other thing? It baffles me when I've worked so hard and then the paper is so hard but they somehow manage to get amazing grades. I'm not jealous or anything but just asking! Is there anyone here who did AQA Biology at AS (and possibly A2) and would be able to answer my questions?

Here they are:

1) How much time did you spend on the content?
2)how long before the exam did you start practising past papers?
3)How did you use the past papers (I.e did you cram the wrong answers or used them to understand the concept?)
4)How many past papers did you do?
5)Did it become easier for you to answer application questions after this?
6)How did you cope with hard questions in the exam?

Sorry for so many questions at once, but all I need is advice on how to do well this year and get it right!
Has anyone got anything to contribute? :smile:
buttrape past papers
A bit late for some questions like 1 and 2.U are limited to time now since the A2s for example are less than 1 month away.However like the person said above,do tons of papers,check for any repeat questions they give u and lastly remember everything in the book.

U could probably get away by doing the 2015s to 2010 papers so around 10 papers would be enough for a solid B or even a A depending on your knowledge.Just dont forget anything is the concern :P.
Original post by jbman690
buttrape past papers

That's quite a disturbing image for me! :frown: But I get your point about past papers, so thank you :h:
Original post by CrazyFoxes
A bit late for some questions like 1 and 2.U are limited to time now since the A2s for example are less than 1 month away.However like the person said above,do tons of papers,check for any repeat questions they give u and lastly remember everything in the book.

U could probably get away by doing the 2015s to 2010 papers so around 10 papers would be enough for a solid B or even a A depending on your knowledge.Just dont forget anything is the concern :P.

Hey, thanks for your input! I know it is kind of late but the thing with me is that I am able to recall some information without last year's notes so that is fine, and plus I've only got a teeny bit to get through. Do you think it would be worthwhile doing papers till 2006 (I know they are old spec but in terms of application)? Do you mind me asking you what you git and how you revised for it?

Quick Reply

Latest