The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) M2 Wednesday 18th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by JoeyTr
Paper wasn't particularly difficult, no fundamentally new questions, just old questions with new numbers and a different perspective. Just the timing was very tight, the ladder and KE-lost-collision questions required way more time than the marks they were worth would suggest. Got 69 or 70/72, depends how many marks I lost on 5(iii) for writing arctan(39/14)=70.3' rather than tan(alpha)=39/14. Surprised so many people reckon 60/72 for 90UMS, thought it'd be 65 or so, hopefully I'm wrong and everyelse is right though. Just depends on how many struggled with the timing!

I didn't finish, and most people in my class didn't finish. The timing alone will make the grade boundaries lower than you might think.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 142
Original post by jacobe
I didn't finish, and most people in my class didn't finish. The timing alone will make the grade boundaries lower than you might think.

I see. I didn't realise everyone thought the timing was so tough, in which case you'll probably be right, especially as the last question was 9 marks. The boundaries should be medium-low but close together then, with only a few marks between each grade. Time will tell.

One of my all time favourite Hitler reacts, so relatable haha!
Original post by Vanilla Poison

Haha thanks, it was my first one and I'm hooked XD
Original post by TheBride
Haha thanks, it was my first one and I'm hooked XD

I sure hope you make one for FP1!
I sure hope you make one for FP1!

Thanks, depends how hard it is I guess XD
For question 3, did you use the centre of mass equation for an arc or a sector??
Original post by LittleElephant
For question 3, did you use the centre of mass equation for an arc or a sector??

Sector bro
Original post by LittleElephant

For a sector.
Reply 150
For Q3, I got to 20/4+pi which I checked and saw was numerically the same on a calculator, so i just went from 20/4+pi to 13/3pi

Reckon I got the mark?
Guys can anyone remember the projectiles question? was it 32ms-1 and sin(theta) = 3/5 for P and 25 sin(theta) = 14/15 for Q?
Original post by littlemissdebbie
Guys can anyone remember the projectiles question? was it 32ms-1 and sin(theta) = 3/5 for P and 25 sin(theta) = 14/15 for Q?

It was a 7-24-25 triangle for Q but I can't remember which was sin and which was cos. I think cosθ=7/25
Original post by tinkerbella~
It was a 7-24-25 triangle for Q but I can't remember which was sin and which was cos. I think cosθ=7/25

thank you :smile:
and what's the speed for Q? was it 25 or ...?
Original post by TheBride
What the hell happened XD
Normally get like 65+ and can do it in about an hour but I didn't even finish this one and it was so bad omg.

Same here. That paper truly was a shocker. I cruised to 67-68 in an hour on the last three past papers I did.
Original post by littlemissdebbie
thank you :smile:
and what's the speed for Q? was it 25 or ...?

I think 20? That seems to fit with the answer I got for the height of C too, just checked it quickly.
Original post by tinkerbella~
I think 20? That seems to fit with the answer I got for the height of C too, just checked it quickly.

Ahh thank you :smile:
Guys can anyone remember the details of question 2? Would be much appreciated if you could remind me of, the mass, incline to horizontal, initial speed, coefficient of restitution etc :smile:
Please sign this petition to lower the grade boundaries!
https://www.change.org/p/ocr-examination-board-lower-the-grade-boundaries-on-the-ocr-core-1-mathematics-paper?recruiter=544001411&utm_source=petitions_show_components_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylinkThanks :smile:
[

QUOTE=TheBride;64926843]Hitler Reacts

Original post by jacobe

This thread is for the M2 paper, not the C1 paper. Ignoring the fact that your petition is silly anyway, I'm sure that most M2 candidates wouldn't have had any trouble scoring a high mark had they sat C1 this morning.

Quick Reply