The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG1 *17th May 2016*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just out of curiosity - For the health 15 marker on non communicable diseases, I accidentally wrote about obesity instead of coronary heart disease :/ do you reckon this would still count as a non communicable disease? I asked 2 teachers, one said probably yes, the other one said probably not...
Thx
Original post by Jokos
Just out of curiosity - For the health 15 marker on non communicable diseases, I accidentally wrote about obesity instead of coronary heart disease :/ do you reckon this would still count as a non communicable disease? I asked 2 teachers, one said probably yes, the other one said probably not...
Thx

Id say no, as obesity isn't a disease, however you could pick up a few marks if you talked about the effects of obesity, such as type 2 diabetes or asthma. This would be a non communicable disease but if your response is largely focused on obesity and not a non-communicable disease your marks will be low.
Reply 22
Original post by ollie1024
Id say no, as obesity isn't a disease, however you could pick up a few marks if you talked about the effects of obesity, such as type 2 diabetes or asthma. This would be a non communicable disease but if your response is largely focused on obesity and not a non-communicable disease your marks will be low.

Thanks - I wrote a lot about how it increases the likelihood of stroke, heart disease, etc., which can eventually lead to death, so hopefully I'll get into level one haha...

I'm so pissed off with myself though, I was getting 140UMS in all the mocks and I've just probably lost that by being a bit of an idiot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending