The Student Room Group

Please help me. OCR RS GCSE. EXAM MISTAKE

Hello,

Today I sat the OCR GCSE Christanity. At the end of the booklet there is lined paper so that you can carry on writing if you don't have enough space. I did this but I got confused instead of writing 1ami wrote the page number instead. What will happen, is the OCR paper scanned or will the examiner realise my mistake.

Scroll to see replies

Hi there!
I am doing Edexcel for RS so this may not be relevant, but according to my teacher, each question on the paper is marked by a different examiner. Was there 2 questions on the same page? If so i'm not sure what will happen :/

Best of luck anyway!
Reply 2
Original post by villalauren
Hi there!
I am doing Edexcel for RS so this may not be relevant, but according to my teacher, each question on the paper is marked by a different examiner. Was there 2 questions on the same page? If so i'm not sure what will happen :/

Best of luck anyway!

Thats not correct , papers get scanned and sent to the examiner to mark electronically. did you write " Page 9 " or just 9 ?
Original post by J199
Hello,

Today I sat the OCR GCSE Christanity. At the end of the booklet there is lined paper so that you can carry on writing if you don't have enough space. I did this but I got confused instead of writing 1ami wrote the page number instead. What will happen, is the OCR paper scanned or will the examiner realise my mistake.

Hey dude don't worry. I was told by my RE teacher that the examiners had to do a great big cross across all pages to show that they have read and marked it. I also think it will be obvious what question you were answering. Also how did you find the exam? I sat the same one and it was much harder than the past papers
Reply 4
I will try and make myself more clear as it seems not a lot of people do ocr. So there is 3 question blocks but you only answer 2, that part was fine. Each question blocks is 1a-e. on the first page you have question a,b, and c. Then on the next page you have question d, and question e has its own page. I used up all the space in the booklet, so at the back of the booklet there is lines, in the margin you're supposed to answer what question you had continued such as 2a. However, I wasn't sure if it meant page number or question number so I did it wrong. Now I'm really worried
Reply 5
Original post by Goldeneman1
Hey dude don't worry. I was told by my RE teacher that the examiners had to do a great big cross across all pages to show that they have read and marked it. I also think it will be obvious what question you were answering. Also how did you find the exam? I sat the same one and it was much harder than the past papers

I'm not sure, do your school do ethics,Islam,Christianity and Islam. I found the paper quiet accessible it was much nicer than the ethics paper. I liked the 12 mark questions. I did core beliefs and special days and pilgrimages.
Reply 6
Just wrote 9e for example, not page 9 :frown:
Original post by J199
I'm not sure, do your school do ethics,Islam,Christianity and Islam. I found the paper quiet accessible it was much nicer than the ethics paper. I liked the 12 mark questions. I did core beliefs and special days and pilgrimages.

Same here. We were doing Christianity
Original post by J199
Just wrote 9e for example, not page 9 :frown:

They arent stupid and are used to marking exams.
If you wrote 9 when there was no question 9 that will put them on alert and it will be an obvious mistake that wont confuse them. Dont worry.

Focus on your next exam.
Reply 9
Okay that makes me feel a bit better, I've got marks gospel and Islam soon so hopefully I don't make any mistakes. Does anyone know how ocr marks papers, does 1'question go to different people.
Hey man don't worry, I did the exact same thing and asked the exam invigilator afterwards and she said it's fine, because the examiners aren't trying to mark you down so they will be looking for any credible answer that they can see and match with the questions
Relax bro, you're fine
Reply 11
I still feel like I'm explaining it badly, I was supposed to write 3e in the Margin but I accidentally wrote 8e as it was page number 8 question e.
Reply 12
Does the same person mark my whole exam
Btw dont you fill out on your exam paper which questions you answered? Also they are bound to look at the extra space section, especially if you ran out of space. its normal just to write continued.
Reply 14
Okay thanks. For ethics we had to write out the question number for every question but not Christianity.
Original post by J199
Hello,

Hi,
I do OCR exam board for RS and my teacher said you have to write the question because different people mark your different questions so you have to write your question your page number is not relevant to the marker but fingers crossed they may be nice and try to find marks. oh and i'm sorry if i've scared you
Reply 16
No it's fine, hopefully I have a nice examiner. I just need to be more careful in my next exam
Reply 17
I loved today's RE exam it was so good. Mostly general knowledge questions and no book revision was needed whatsoever!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kb12345
I loved today's RE exam it was so good. Mostly general knowledge questions and no book questions whatsoever!

Did you do Christianity?
Reply 19
Original post by Goldeneman1
Did you do Christianity?

Yeah I did both christianity 1 and 2 for 2 hours with a 15 break in between

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending