The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

I thought the paper went really well until I got out of the exam and realised that u mixed up the multi store memory model with the working memory model so I've just lost 18 marks! Such a let down after getting an A in my mock 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
it must've been about wmm though because that's the only aspect of working memory there is in the memory module? like what else could you have possibly talked about?
Original post by Whatwhy
Also I think you are right on the working model.

surely there isn't really anything else you can write about working memory
Original post by Rigby16
So for the strange situation is it still 6 aol 6 ao3 so 6 for procedure and findings and 6 for 2 developed evaluation points?

did you have to write about the findings? i just wrote that in other cultures behaviours could be interpreted differently? i remember learning about how germany saw a high degree of exploration and not much of a secure base as a good thing because it showed independence, but i have nO idea what i was on about tbh
Original post by AdamBuxton34
I put about WMM and Baddeley in the 12 marker if it isn't that then what on earth could it be? Thought the Rutter MCQ was dire I nearly collapsed as I couldn't decide which one. What did you guys put about self report?

i think i out something about how the participants fill our the data themselves which is then collected by the researcher but i doubt that's gotten me many marks...
Original post by ivyivyivy
i think i out something about how the participants fill our the data themselves which is then collected by the researcher but i doubt that's gotten me many marks...

It may have. Self report is interviews and questionnaires, and I believe you had to describe both.
Is the bandura bobo doll study a key study to learn for paper 2 or do we just have to know social learning theory in general?
hmm is someone gonna make a unit 2 thread or should i :/
Original post by Synonym
hmm is someone gonna make a unit 2 thread or should i :/

yeah if you wouldn't mind because it would be so much easier
Original post by Chloebreenb
yeah if you wouldn't mind because it would be so much easier

Yes please !
Here is the unit 2 thread :smile: lets get this thread rolling now

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4096295&p=64922171#post64922171
Is the bandura bobo doll study a key study to learn for paper 2 or do we just have to know social learning theory in general?

Yep. Bandura is a key study that you need to know. It's on the spec.

All the studies you need for paper 2 are Wundt, Skinner, Pavlov, Bandura, Beck and Ellis.
Reply 512
biopsychology predictions?
Original post by Michael_Fishy
Yep. Bandura is a key study that you need to know. It's on the spec.

All the studies you need for paper 2 are Wundt, Skinner, Pavlov, Bandura, Beck and Ellis.

what is wudnts study?
what is wudnts study?

Introspection

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mali473

but what was the actual procedure and findings?

Does this help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So basically, what he did was train his participants to analyse their own feelings. To say what they were thinking about, how they were thinking about it, why etc. He'd show them an an object and they'd record their feelings.

The method was crap, to put it bluntly. Very subjective, and had a lot of issues with validity. Not replicable at all, but it opened the door for more psychology studies to come, and established it as an actual science
Original post by Michael_Fishy
So basically, what he did was train his participants to analyse their own feelings. To say what they were thinking about, how they were thinking about it, why etc. He'd show them an an object and they'd record their feelings.

The method was crap, to put it bluntly. Very subjective, and had a lot of issues with validity. Not replicable at all, but it opened the door for more psychology studies to come, and established it as an actual science

Yeah pretty much. Some more info

Posted from TSR Mobile
i thought the working memory one was awful! i wrote about the working memory model in the tiniest amount of detail. for the self-report one im sure that is self-report techniques like interviews and questionnaires? i just wrote a method of how to basically carry out an investigation! 100% wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending