The Student Room Group

AQA AS History Tudors 1485-1547 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by JessThomas6
There are lots of agrees
Absenteeism, pluralism, symony, nepotism, indulgences etc.

Not too sure about disagrees sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - isnt pluralism, simony etc. from henry 8 reign?
Remember that we will get a choice of two essay questions but the two types of questions (interpretation and essay) will be on the two different kings. So if the interpretation one is on Henry VII then the essay will be on Henry VIII and vice versa.
Reply 42
Original post by aiyanagayle
Remember that we will get a choice of two essay questions but the two types of questions (interpretation and essay) will be on the two different kings. So if the interpretation one is on Henry VII then the essay will be on Henry VIII and vice versa.

Is that what the spec says? Yeah, i remembered that a few minutes ago. So glad we get a choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today's the day, good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asad271
What are the key things to know that are most likely to come up in the exam? I don't want to dedicate too much time to revising obscure things such as exploration if they are unlikely to come up. Is it most likely foreign policy, government, finance, nobility and consolidation of the 2 kings?

Our teachers suspect:
Henry VIII -
Religion
Wolsey
Foreign Policy

Henry VII -
Consolidation of the crown incl. pretenders to the throne
Foreign Policy & Economics
Is anyone doing the Nazi/ Post war Re- sit today??
I can't find a single thing on here about it
Original post by kiiten
You mean the practice AS questions in the textbook :O is it from this book...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah
Reply 47
Well that was shockingly bad (AQA 1B)
AQA 1C was amazing (in my opinion)!!!!!!!!!! Exactly the three topics I wanted to come up and they were great

Posted from TSR Mobile
1C - Did anyone answer q3? If so what did you put? I'm stressing!!
Original post by Phoebelindop

I put that I disagree
For the agree/correct side I said the fact that six articles made it more Catholic, and Henry used Leviticus to argue for the divorce so he must have believed it to an extent.

For disagree
BWR, divorce, ten articles, oath of supremacy, submission of the clergy

Posted from TSR Mobile
I answered q3 also. I did three paragraphs: each based on a theme to do with religion.
First I talked about Cromwell and how his role was to extend Royal authority, rather than change the English church
Then I talked about Humanism and how the likes of Colet and Erasmus caused a new way of thinking in society - yet still maintaining catholic beliefs
I finally talked about Protestantism and how the translation of the bible, changing of church services, new prayer book etc. Added to the transformation of the English faith.
Then I concluded that although Protestant ideas were evident, Henry did not completely abandon a fundamentally Catholic English church, rather setting it up for a transformation to Protestantism under Edward VI.
Original post by Shadowshock54
I answered q3 also. I did three paragraphs: each based on a theme to do with religion.
First I talked about Cromwell and how his role was to extend Royal authority, rather than change the English church
Then I talked about Humanism and how the likes of Colet and Erasmus caused a new way of thinking in society - yet still maintaining catholic beliefs
I finally talked about Protestantism and how the translation of the bible, changing of church services, new prayer book etc. Added to the transformation of the English faith.
Then I concluded that although Protestant ideas were evident, Henry did not completely abandon a fundamentally Catholic English church, rather setting it up for a transformation to Protestantism under Edward VI.

The question was "Depsite the Break with Rome, Henry VIII never seriously abandoned the Catholic faith between 1529 and 1547" or something like that, so authority & Erasmus aren't relevant to the question, they weren't anything to do with henry abandoning the catholic faith...
Reply 53
extract ques - I said a was more convincing as b exaggerated some points.

anyone answer ques 2?
Original post by Phoebelindop

I did and I feel like the only one! I wrote about the Act of 6 Articles and fall of Cromwell to support the statement and for other factors I wrote about the Act of 10 Articles, Dissolution of monasteries, Cranmer and Catherine Parr& the reformist faction. Wbu?
Reply 55
Original post by kiiten

anyone answer ques 2?

I did question 2, had 3 disagrees for it and 2 agrees.
Can't remember exactly, but my disagrees were along the lines of:

- Security for his reign/kingdom was the focus of his foreign policy
- Fixing the economy/establishing trade was the focus of his foreign policy
- Securing his dynasty through marriages (heirs, etc.) was the focus of his foreign policy

I can't remember my agrees right now, but I found it to be slightly harder to agree with the statement than disagree.
Reply 56
Original post by kiiten

anyone answer ques 2?

Yeah so did I. I talked about how b exaggerates Henry's treatment of the nobility as the writer says that he stripped all the nobles of independence and controlled them a lot when in fact Henry did give patronage, order of the garter, a part in the Kings council to his most loyal nobles. I also mentioned how none of the extracts talked about the other ways in which Henry consolidated authority like Tudor propaganda (Beaufort port cullis, Welsh heritage, naming of Arthur,Tudor rose) , treaties, dating his trying to before the battle etc.
Reply 57
Original post by FAetius

- Securing his dynasty through marriages (heirs, etc.) was the focus of his foreign policy

I can't remember my agrees right now, but I found it to be slightly harder to agree with the statement than disagree.

So did I agreeing was very difficult, disagreeing wasn't, I talked about trade as well with burgundy, French pension, how he needed a boost in economy due to the depression in agriculture and marriages, treaties stuff like that.
I hope I've done alright lol 😂
Reply 58
Original post by Saffiee
Yeah so did I. I talked about how b exaggerates Henry's treatment of the nobility as the writer says that he stripped all the nobles of independence and controlled them a lot when in fact Henry did give patronage, order of the garter, a part in the Kings council to his most loyal nobles. I also mentioned how none of the extracts talked about the other ways in which Henry consolidated authority like Tudor propaganda (Beaufort port cullis, Welsh heritage, naming of Arthur,Tudor rose) , treaties, dating his trying to before the battle etc.

Original post by FAetius

Yeah same. I panicked at the end because I had more agree than disagree. For disagree I also mentioned about Scotland - truce of Ayton was to stop them from harbouring rebels i.e. warbeck forced to move on.
Original post by Saffiee
So did I agreeing was very difficult, disagreeing wasn't, I talked about trade as well with burgundy, French pension, how he needed a boost in economy due to the depression in agriculture and marriages, treaties stuff like that.
I hope I've done alright lol 😂

yep same but I also included about securing the threat of pretenders and
preventing rebellion!!??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending