The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by mali473
Tell me about it. I really wanted an A but I think I Got a B or C. Just need to put my head down for the next exams now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I really wanted to get an A in this paper but after this exam I cannot focus on C2 revision.. The thought; " If C1 is this hard, I wonder what C2 is going to be like" is over my mind.
Reply 141
Original post by nwmyname
Yo arsey, how reasonably possible do you think this was in exam conditions without a calculator tho? in ur opinion?

perfectly possible you just need to be able to work with fractions which were originally covered in year 7 i think
ok i got 10b wrong because i misread a number. i should've done (3x2)+(5x3x1/2) + (35/3x7x1/2) = 163/3 but i did (3x2)+(5x3x1/2) + (35/3x3x1/2) = 31. how many marks do i lose?
Reply 143
What will 50/75 be?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hey folks :yay: Just quoting you in because you'll want to look at this

@Arsey Thank you for putting this together :woo: :h:

Mega quote list don't click

I still find it dodgy how the paper can be put up like this...??
Reply 145
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I thought it was a reasonable paper, expect standard boundaries.

Some of the fractions were a little odd. I think 8a will cause a lot of problems.

I would guess at 62-63 for an A and 55-56 for a B.

-- I think it was very hard, the way questions were phrased and the calculations we had to do under 90 mins, it was completely ridiculous, C1 is my grade booster but clearly not... this has really put me off maths completely.. the grade boundaries should be lowered!!
Exactly what i did! I got 186/6 instead which is 31 :redface:
Dont despair guys! I got a D in C1 last year and high Bs in c2 and S1 after it lol.

Resat todays C1 paper and got 73/75 :smile: its not as bad as you think.
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I thought it was a reasonable paper, expect standard boundaries.

Some of the fractions were a little odd. I think 8a will cause a lot of problems.

I would guess at 62-63 for an A and 55-56 for a B.

Thanks :smile: I think i got 71/75 just stupid errors got me down like not putting how old he was in 9 and what y= in the second question. Do you think this will be above 90 UMS ?
I don't know why you're sad about getting 58/75, thats 77% . That's got to be at least a B, if not an A if they lower the boundaries. My friends feel like they only got 40 or just above half, so I wouldn't complain. They did revise hard as I'm sure you guys did, but honestly I would be happy with thay considering a lot of people got low marks. :smile:
I didn't sit this exam but looking at the mark scheme along with the questions,the paper looks pretty straightforward,don't know why so many people complain. I'm sure everyone did well :smile:
Original post by Angus09
Thanks :smile: I think i got 71/75 just stupid errors got me down like not putting how old he was in 9 and what y= in the second question. Do you think this will be above 90 UMS ?

Do you have to put the y= ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
pls be 60 for an A because i want 90 ums.
i think i got 68 overall
Reply 154
Original post by Carolinec1206
I didn't sit this exam but looking at the mark scheme along with the questions,the paper looks pretty straightforward,don't know why so many people complain. I'm sure everyone did well :smile:

Believe me, if you were sat in that exam hall with a lot of confidence knowing you'd done every past paper systematically, knowing this would just be a routine, your mind would go nuts when you see how many fractions were involved, especially such awkward ones like 41/8
thanks youuu looking at 70/75 atm, hoping I am safe!
Reply 156
45 marks ish > grade?
Reply 157
Original post by mooshyman
I emailed my teacher and she said that i would have lost two marks for an incorrect k and everything else is ecf so you probably lost the same as well if it was just one silly mistake like + instead - or something

Oh sweet, so out of the 4 marks from b and c we'd get 2/4 right??
image.jpg

Anybody go down this route for the area question? I didn't spot the triangle and the square, looking at the solutions woulda saved me a lot of time if I went for the other method
I'm feeling good about this :biggrin:. I pulled the solution to 6c right out of my arse and I somehow got it!

Latest

Trending

Trending