The Student Room Group

I've been withdrawn from my chemistry exams. What to do?

Hi.

Due to poor attendance my chemistry teacher decided to withdraw me from exams even though I consistently get the highest grades because I am deciding to work extensively from home before exams. I am still able to do my maths and biology exam but not my chemistry ones. This pretty much means I will have to reapply for university next year but how will universities see it that I didn't even take my chemistry exam rather than fail it and improve it the next year. Will this affect my university application (also another small question is how would Imperial look at a resit applicant for chemical engineering requiring A*A*A)? If anyone is able to verify that retakes are possible next year then that would be great. Thanks for your help.
Original post by dont-have-a-name
Hi.

Due to poor attendance my chemistry teacher decided to withdraw me from exams even though I consistently get the highest grades because I am deciding to work extensively from home before exams. I am still able to do my maths and biology exam but not my chemistry ones. This pretty much means I will have to reapply for university next year but how will universities see it that I didn't even take my chemistry exam rather than fail it and improve it the next year. Will this affect my university application (also another small question is how would Imperial look at a resit applicant for chemical engineering requiring A*A*A)? If anyone is able to verify that retakes are possible next year then that would be great. Thanks for your help.

I don't think that they can withdraw you from an exam so close to the time. Are you sure they weren't bluffing?

I just find that a really stupid move on their behalf.

Quick Reply

Latest