The Student Room Group

AS Edxcel History (New spec) Route E

Is anyone else doing route E? I see a lot of people doing the different ones but not too many doing this one, anyways any last minute tips or essay writing techniques?
What is your title under route E, I'm doing Britain Transformed, 1918-97
Reply 2
Original post by LowkeyLogical

Communist states in the 20th century
Reply 3
Original post by snickercell
Communist states in the 20th century

Yup I do this too
Reply 4
Original post by Sopherz
Yup I do this too

How did you find it?!
Reply 5
How did you find it?!
really awful :frown: I did the question on agriculture and industry priorities and only wrote two pages and I did the one about propaganda, the Interpretation was okay tbough
Reply 6
Original post by Sopherz
really awful :frown: I did the question on agriculture and industry priorities and only wrote two pages and I did the one about propaganda, the Interpretation was okay tbough

you never know, you could have written two pages of mind-blowing goodness! Quality, not quantity, besides two pages is still quite a lot! Ah I did the propaganda question and the was the improvements made for women the most successful social development. I found it a bit meh too. The questions were relatively straight forward but my mind just went blank? My essay technique was horrible, everything I learned just went right out the window as far as writing was concerned. The source question was quite nice although I wish i'd had more time on it. Oh well still one more paper to go, do you do the GDR or China for paper 2?
Reply 7
you never know, you could have written two pages of mind-blowing goodness! Quality, not quantity, besides two pages is still quite a lot! Ah I did the propaganda question and the was the improvements made for women the most successful social development. I found it a bit meh too. The questions were relatively straight forward but my mind just went blank? My essay technique was horrible, everything I learned just went right out the window as far as writing was concerned. The source question was quite nice although I wish i'd had more time on it. Oh well still one more paper to go, do you do the GDR or China for paper 2?

I do China for paper two which shouldn't be so bad, yeah meh would be the best way to describe the paper in my opinion haha, for propaganda I wrote about the Lenin enrolment, Stakhanovites and something else I already can't remember... Just goes to show how eager I am to get rid of this subject!
I'm doing this too! I found the paper alright - the last question was really nice! I have the GDR exam on Wednesday! If you want to be in a whatsapp group chat with others who do GDR/China PM me :smile:)

Matt
Reply 9
Original post by LowkeyLogical

I will be doing this course if I choose A level History, how did you find it?
Original post by lowrias
I will be doing this course if I choose A level History, how did you find it?

Loads of content but if you focus on the exam technique during the course of the year, alongside loads of practice essays you'll be fine
Reply 11
Finally I found a thread for this ok I'm doing Route E and Im doing USSR and GDR

Quick Reply

Latest