The Student Room Group

AQA alevel law unit 1 and 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
does anyone know if the AS for this course counts for 50% of the final grade still or has it changed?
what questions came up on the courts and ADR?
Original post by c.h.r.1
does anyone know if the AS for this course counts for 50% of the final grade still or has it changed?

Yeah it does, i only found out this week. :biggrin:
For the first question of civil courts and ADR did we need to write about appeals or just the 3 tracks? I realised this morning I hadn't written about appeals but I don't remember seeing it in the question
Original post by abigayle_aloud
For the first question of civil courts and ADR did we need to write about appeals or just the 3 tracks? I realised this morning I hadn't written about appeals but I don't remember seeing it in the question

What was the exact question regarding courts and ADR?
Reply 85
Original post by JD742
Did anyone find the unit 1 exam hard?
If not then the grade boundaries will be high.....
:-(

i though it was alright, we can only wait to see what happens ha!
you ready for law unit 2...
Reply 86

the last time the question came up was January 2013 and the mark scheme for that makes no mention of writing about 3 three tracks.
you needed to mention
- the Magistrates court and Summary/Triable Either way offences
- Crown court and Indictable offences
- QBD and Court of Appeal and a reference to the Supreme Court
for law02 my criminal teacher has predicted causation, actus reus, coincidence rule, assault, gbh, as well as 2 procedure and sentencing questions

the actus reus has never come up so i doubt it will in the final year of the spec, although seeing as unit 1 was a nice paper they may be nasty, i still think theres too many marks for the actus reus for it to come up as theory are usually only 8 marks. My teacher thinks either/both coicidence rule and causation, summary offences
Reply 88
Original post by c.h.r.1

Not sure I will find out and let you know
Reply 89

That question was really confusing I liked all the other sections apart from that !
Hey guys, I'm an A2 resitting Unit 2 and honestly the best advice I could give you is make sure you know those end of topic questions, like pre trial procedures, damages etc because they really help boost your marks if you mess up the scenario (like me ahah) good luck to you all! And grade boundaries are pretty much irrelevant don't worry about those
Original post by Tan3000
That question was really confusing I liked all the other sections apart from that !

what questions came up on adr
Original post by Tan3000

What questions came up on ADR?
Original post by sophieepreece
the actus reus has never come up so i doubt it will in the final year of the spec, although seeing as unit 1 was a nice paper they may be nasty, i still think theres too many marks for the actus reus for it to come up as theory are usually only 8 marks. My teacher thinks either/both coicidence rule and causation, summary offences

Actus reus has but in the form of an omission. I thought the exact same thing until my teacher clarified it for me yesterday.
Original post by AndrewMCV1
What questions came up on ADR?

ADR? Hope you don't mind me asking what that is? Lol I feel so confused with law at the moment.
Original post by Tan3000
Thank you I wasn't told about the change !

Hey, just wanted to ask so has it definitely changed, the multi track record?
Original post by Cherry82
Hey, just wanted to ask so has it definitely changed, the multi track record?

Thelatest practice direction 7 provides that Actions under £100,000 will generallybe allocated to the County Court, while those over £100,000 will be allocatedto the High Court. However, if the claim is in respect of personalinjuries of £50,000 or more then the claim will be heard in the High Court.
Reply 97
Original post by blu3
i though it was alright, we can only wait to see what happens ha!
you ready for law unit 2...

True and I'm year 13, I was only resitting unit 1.
Goodluck with unit 2.
All the best everyone
Original post by Tan3000
Nice I wanna go into criminal law. Good luck with the uni applications!

There isn't much money in criminal law
Reply 99
Original post by sophieepreece

My teacher has said the same... actus reus has only come up once 🙄🙄

Quick Reply

Latest