The Student Room Group

AQA C1 Predictions

Since the AQA Chemistry Unit 1 Exam is tomorrow, what are your predictions of questions/topics that may appear? I'm praying that it's better than the Biology exam! 🙏🏼

Scroll to see replies

Probably more questions about business or underage drinking
Original post by Tompicko22
Since the AQA Chemistry Unit 1 Exam is tomorrow, what are your predictions of questions/topics that may appear? I'm praying that it's better than the Biology exam! 🙏🏼

It was about life on Earth last year, Perhaps the six mark question will be on crude oil, limestone, extracting metals or how to carry out an experiment. :smile:
Reply 3
I think it will be on Limestone or
different metals in building materials or
cement + mortar
Maybe limestone as its the last year before it gets taken out of the spec
Maybe fraction distillation, electrolysis and the carbon cycle
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by missguidedsoul
Maybe limestone as its the last year before it gets taken out of the spec

I hope so 🙌🏼 I'm hoping the 6 marker is on fractional distilation 🙏🏼
Reply 7
I hope so 🙌🏼 I'm hoping the 6 marker is on fractional distilation 🙏🏼

I'm currently doing a past paper and its the june 2013 one. This has got fractional distillations the 6 marker so i think they might go for something new like limestone and metals. But i don't know.
I don't think there's any point guessing after yesterday's show....
Hope it isn't limestone. I'd like atoms etc, and crude oil, and atmosphere
Original post by Tyson12302
Probably more questions about business or underage drinking

Haha lol true that :wink:

Maybe, maybe questions on extracting copper and probably some stupid graphs!
Reply 12
I think they might ask on Miller-Urey experiment
Miller Urey, tectonics, uses of limestone, and cracking is what I predict.
But it's worth having at least a quick look over everything, unfortunately it is in the morning so we don't get most of the day to revise, like biology (although revision wasn't too useful for biology).
Original post by wyldermax
I don't think there's any point guessing after yesterday's show....

So True...
Idk about the 6 marker but my senses are tingling that maybe emulsions or hardening might come up. And also it's best to look over the useless info in the textbook and the how science works shiz bc AQA is kinda messed up
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
I think they might have something about the tectonic plates and wegeners theory, but only small marks. The 3 marks is likely to be emulsions. Revise polymerisation too, likely to appear. About 6 marks, it's pretty straightforward. It's gonna be either Fractional Distillation(Unlikely), Miller Urey(Likely), and the advantages and disadvantages of Limestone OR Extracting Metal, eg Electrolysis. Learn how to compare, because they will ask you to compare things like Alfred Wegeners theory to another random theory, or anything along those lines. The Compares will be 4 marks at least. Comparing is easy, say the best and worst, and why. Pretty much it. :smile: Good Luck PRACTISE EXAM QUESTIONS!!!!! btw I'm not a teacher I'm a student
Reply 17
I think they might have something about the tectonic plates and wegeners theory, but only small marks. The 3 marks is likely to be emulsions. Revise polymerisation too, likely to appear. About 6 marks, it's pretty straightforward. It's gonna be either Fractional Distillation(Unlikely), Miller Urey(Likely), and the advantages and disadvantages of Limestone OR Extracting Metal, eg Electrolysis. Learn how to compare, because they will ask you to compare things like Alfred Wegeners theory to another random theory, or anything along those lines. The Compares will be 4 marks at least. Comparing is easy, say the best and worst, and why. Pretty much it. :smile: Good Luck PRACTISE EXAM QUESTIONS!!!!! btw I'm not a teacher I'm a student
EDIT: Revise hardening too I'm not so sure about that one
Reply 18
Original post by Itzlauryn
Maybe fraction distillation, electrolysis and the carbon cycle

Carbon cycle is biology.
It might be atoms and elements after that B1 6 marker

Quick Reply

Latest