The Student Room Group

Who's doing AQA GCSE Religious Studies B 18/05/16~ (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BGRO
What did people write for:colone:xplain how some religious believer fought for prejudice(5)

Maetin luther king. Peaceful protest etc
Reply 41
Original post by mindfucsab
Maetin luther king. Peaceful protest etc

I wasn't sure whether you had to put more than one?
I put MLK only but if you included more then I wouldn't think you would get penalised?
What was the first question on the planet earth section? Was it causes of climate change, or problems caused by climate change?
Original post by Tornado31
Well that was easy
I mean, almost all the questions or the topics each question covered has come up before
I swear I did a past paper the other day almost exactly like it
Btw I did Animal Rights, Predjudice, Abortion and War

I know, I did the same topics as you. My teacher literally predicted all the questions that came up!
Reply 45
Such a calm paper, and there were no weirdly worded questions! :smile:
But because of time pressure I have like 5 unfinished questions- probably lost 1 mark on each...but all in all it was great.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who messed up and finished in an hour?!
Original post by annabelm
Please tell me I'm not the only one who messed up and finished in an hour?!

Same here
Reply 48
Original post by mindfucsab
Same here

No, I finished with 2 mins spare!
Reply 49
Original post by Speedbird129
I put MLK only but if you included more then I wouldn't think you would get penalised?

I put mlk and gandhi??? Will i get penalised?
Original post by sadiemiahendrie
I agree! Sooooo happy!

Managed to write 9 pages in 90 minutes, covered in blisters but it'll be worth it:biggrin:
Original post by guy321

doubt it. i did the same, i guess they'll just take the one you wrote more about IF they do that. the question did say religious leaderS, so penalisation would be stupid
Original post by guy321

You definitely won't get penalised but you will most likely show the examiner you know this subject really well and they may be encouraged to give you more marks!
questions:

-for the last question, (religion and young people), i didn't mention marginalisation for the 5 marks on why religious groups set up activities. i mentioned development of religion from young age, peer pressure, and 2 examples. on the 6 marker i just listed religious principles/teachings from scriptures and explained. how many marks lost?

-for just war points, i listed 5 conditions and kinda explained them. marks lost?

-for prejudice 6 marker, i explained how bad auschwitz was and described stephen lawrence's murder, pov being positive discrimination of minority getting more jobs with soma being bible "love thy neighbour". i did put a lot of explanation into holocaust description. marks lost?

was hoping for a*..will probably get a b/a now. help

-
Original post by rebbarn29
I know, I did the same topics as you. My teacher literally predicted all the questions that came up!

Heyy what did you put for "define terrorism"?
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool

I defined it as an act of violence intended to cause fear.
I defined it as an act of violence intended to cause fear.

Loool yess same
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool

An act of violence that kills innocent people to create fear to achieve their aims. Or something like that I can't remember word for word!
You definitely won't get penalised but you will most likely show the examiner you know this subject really well and they may be encouraged to give you more marks!

I wrote about MLK but then i also added some generic stuff such as praying and holding events to combat prejudice.
Original post by jamierogers21
Managed to write 9 pages in 90 minutes, covered in blisters but it'll be worth it:biggrin:

I thought my hand was going to fall off if am honest!! Yeahh, best be worth it:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending