The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 1 - 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KittyKat97x
(3root5)^2 is 45 right? My mind went so blank 😂

yeh
The exam was horrible. I swear every question had a big fraction in it. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

You remember what 6 asked? Was it that one where you had to use the quadractic formula?
Original post by craigie435
you had to use pythagaros which got you route 64

Thought it was root 65?
Reply 364
Original post by ExamsCauseStress
You resit it in your A2 year and it is the best mark that counts, so no reason to not resit tbh!

That's super useful then...also, do you know if students have the choice to resit even if they achieve their target grade but want to do better?
Original post by marcelux
i believe b(-3,4)

integration = 20.25
Q = (-5/4 , 0)
Cant remember my P line
Area = 20.25-9 = 11.25

No b was (12,-7)
C was basically the midpoint of AB as AB is the diameter.
so you basically had to approach it this way:

(x+-2)/2 =5
and (y+1)/2 = -3
Original post by ellenmcmenzie
For the coordinate of Q, I left it I simplified as -40/32, (which is the same as -5/4) but was wondering if I would love a mark? Was it just worth 1?

well most of the times, in the mark scheme, for these kind of answers you get an abbreviation of OE which means Or Equivalent.
so I'm guessing they will indeed give you the mark.
How hard do you think C2 will be?
Jhons uncle is gonna be paying for my resit👀👌 #C1
No it should be (0.5,41/4)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WhiteTigerKURD
I found it alright but struggled on the question where it asked for CT and gave you AT

Pythagoras was what you needed to use. Luckily my teacher has been telling me all year to draw pictures. And that helped.
Original post by christineedaley
How did you guys find the value of k? (in questions 6 i think) I just guessed and put k=4 :/

I believe k was 30 or something like that
Original post by tajtsracc
Anyone else get

x = -1 plus or minus root 5?

Yes ... Do you remember any more of the questions we answered
Original post by melanin101
How are you guys getting root 34 for the radius?? I got root 65 by using Pythagoras to find the length of the centre to the point they gave us...

root 34 people, what did you get for the length CT?

That's what i did 🙋
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
That's what i did 🙋

People who got √34 likely got √50 for CT.
Reply 375
Original post by yelash
Yeah I did that as well, seemed too simple at the time after thinking about it for a while. I said straight away the diameter would be 2*radius so using midpoint formula seemed than doing the midpoint thing below. Plus helped on the next question as I had already considered the gradient as -7/4 which made it easier to get the equation of the tangent to the circle. It was something like y-1=4/7(X+2) which simplified to 7x-4y+18=0

Hi guys, so i didnt do any of those things and i got the same answer( i used the x and y values that were being added on from a, i believe that was the point given, to give c and so added those values onto c to give me the new point.
Do you think i would get the full 2 marks for it?
Original post by FJCX
Hi guys, so i didnt do any of those things and i got the same answer( i used the x and y values that were being added on from a, i believe that was the point given, to give c and so added those values onto c to give me the new point.
Do you think i would get the full 2 marks for it?

Don't see why not - you used a valid method. I did the same - I thought that as A is across by 7 and up by 4 from C, B must be across by 7 and down by 4.
Original post by AtomicH22
Area under curve was 81/4
Area under line was 9

81/4 -9
= 81/4 -36/4
= 45/4

Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
Someone remind me what question 6 was.

In case you guys want it. Technocrat Notes have Finally an apple appstore
app yes!! It has really got me to stop stressing about these hard new spec exams.

Applehttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/technocrat-notes/id1111953817?ls=1&mt=8

Googlehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Technocratnotes.a pp&hl=en_GB
Original post by timtjtim
People who got √34 likely got √50 for CT.

What did you get
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
What did you get

√65 for the radius, so 9 for AT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending