The Student Room Group

Woman whipped to death for being a Witch

Woman is tied to a post and whipped to death after villagers accused her of being a WITCH because her neighbours fell ill in Indian village

Sambari Tudu, 45, accused of witchcraft in Debra, West Midnapore

Her neighbours had fallen ill, and the village court blamed her

Dragged from her home, tied to a post, whipped and left to die

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3596314/Woman-tied-post-whipped-death-villagers-accused-WITCH-neighbours-fell-ill-Indian-village.html

Scroll to see replies

:puke:
Sickening
Reply 3
Religion of peace
Reply 4
Original post by SA-1
Religion of peace

Hindus.
Original post by Aztec123
Woman is tied to a post and whipped to death after villagers accused her of being a WITCH because her neighbours fell ill in Indian village

Sambari Tudu, 45, accused of witchcraft in Debra, West Midnapore

Her neighbours had fallen ill, and the village court blamed her

Dragged from her home, tied to a post, whipped and left to die

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3596314/Woman-tied-post-whipped-death-villagers-accused-WITCH-neighbours-fell-ill-Indian-village.html

culturally enriched? (by their own people)
Not in India.

Cases like this are probably why we thought they couldn't govern themselves.
Original post by SA-1
Oh darn it!

It's close to Pakistan though, so must have something to do with the bloody Muslims!!!

Shut up, just shut up.
Original post by SA-1
Oh darn it!

It's close to Pakistan though, so must have something to do with the bloody Muslims!!!

The logic.

Lol.
Reply 9
Original post by yasminkattan
The logic.

Lol.

Hehe xxxx

Original post by samina_ay
Shut up, just shut up.

Samina pls
Original post by SA-1
Hehe xxxx

Samina pls

What?
Hindus.

Evidence?
Reply 12
What?

Telling me to shut up isn't very nice
Original post by SA-1
Telling me to shut up isn't very nice

What you said before wasn't very nice either.

And I'm not a fan of ******** which isn't true either.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
What you said before wasn't very nice either.

You should have raised it with me diplomatically rather than being so aggressive.

For the record, I love Muslims. Chap at my local fish and chip shop is from Muslimstan.

And I'm not a fan of ******** which isn't true either.

Pls reveal what the asterisks hide
(edited 7 years ago)
yuck.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Not in India.

Cases like this are probably why we thought they couldn't govern themselves.

India is perfectly capable of governing themselves as can be seen by the rapid development they've been making in recent years.
One disturbing case does not mean the nation as a whole is incapable of self government.

Take your self righteous, neo colonialist ******** somewhere else.
Reply 17
Original post by StrawbAri
India is perfectly capable of governing themselves as can be seen by the rapid development they've been making in recent years.
One disturbing case does not mean the nation as a whole is incapable of self government.

Take your self righteous, neo colonialist ******** somewhere else.

India is doing much better compared to Africa which became an utter cluster**** after the whites left and remains so to this day with no light whatsoever at the end of the tunnel. There's not even a tunnel, never mind a light..
Hindus.

They might be Hindus, but as the article says, they are indigenous (eg, tribal/aboriginal) people, also known as 'Adivasi', many of whom have pre-Hindu traditional beliefs. A belief in witchcraft isn't part of 'advanced' Hindu thinking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adivasi
Original post by Erebor
India is doing much better compared to Africa which became an utter cluster**** after the whites left and remains so to this day with no light whatsoever at the end of the tunnel. There's not even a tunnel, never mind a light..

That really isn't true and it's a huge simplification of a complicated, large and diverse country. There are many very well off and successful people in India, there is a large middle class and a large aspirational working class.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending